Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help me figure out which movie this is!

catalinazxz

I watched an old movie about 5 or 6 months ago and it is driving me nuts because I can't remember the title or the actors. guessing anywhere from 1945-1960?

It was a known movie, though not one of the ones that would make common lists of the most well known classics.

here is what i remember -- it was a story about a man and woman -- love relationship.  There were scenes where they'd meet at the top of a hill, overlooking everything, and at the end, one of them was either dead or gone and the other went up to the hill and was remembering ...it was sad.

i think the woman was a nurse.  there was also a scene where they swam across a river maybe (or some kind of ocean inlet?) to a friends house.

its driving me crazy. i watched it in the middle of the night which is why the memory is so foggy -- and i watch so many movies.  i also feel like the title had the same cadence as "how green was my valley" or "a place in the sun"....4-5 word phrase...

lastly i think it took place in a sort of war-time setting, with expats....like casablanca but less sinister 

thanks for any help! 

I watched an old movie about 5 or 6 months ago and it is driving me nuts because I can't remember the title or the actors. guessing anywhere from 1945-1960?

It was a known movie, though not one of the ones that would make common lists of the most well known classics.

here is what i remember -- it was a story about a man and woman -- love relationship.  There were scenes where they'd meet at the top of a hill, overlooking everything, and at the end, one of them was either dead or gone and the other went up to the hill and was remembering ...it was sad.

i think the woman was a nurse.  there was also a scene where they swam across a river maybe (or some kind of ocean inlet?) to a friends house.

its driving me crazy. i watched it in the middle of the night which is why the memory is so foggy -- and i watch so many movies.  i also feel like the title had the same cadence as "how green was my valley" or "a place in the sun"....4-5 word phrase...

lastly i think it took place in a sort of war-time setting, with expats....like casablanca but less sinister 

thanks for any help! 

In Harm's Way with John Wayne and Patricia Neal?   (note Patrick O'Neal is in the movie also but he doesn't play Wayne's lover!). 

Edited by jamesjazzguitar

This sounds like Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing (1955) 

Now.. this is where you say, "No. That's not the one. This one was in black and white with John Wayne and there were no Asians in it."  ;-)

That would be my guess KId. Jennifer Jones as a doctor, Bill Holden as the journalist and  the ending the poster is describing is the ending of Love Is A Many Splendored Thing.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings