Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GEORGE BRENT NEWS!!!!

Hibi

Have just learned the long awaited George Brent biography by Scott O'Brien has been published!

.http://www.amazon.com/George-Brent-Irelands-Hollywood-hardback/dp/1593937644/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1412102115&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=gerorge+brent

There is also another book out, Everything You Need to Know About George Brent! (LOL)

http://www.amazon.com/George-Brent-182-Success-Facts/dp/1488559252/ref=sr_1_sc_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1412102115&sr=1-2-spell&keywords=gerorge+brent

The Old George Brent thread was killed by the powers that be, but I know there are people here who will be interested. I'll report back on the book once I read it.

• Like 1

There was a stack of that terrific Victoria Wilson bio on Barbara Stanwyck at the Daedalus Books warehouse yesterday, for all of $6.98.  It came out at $40.00 last November, and Daedalus has had it at $6.98 since August.  I sure hope the author of that Brent book does better than that.

There was a stack of that terrific Victoria Wilson bio on Barbara Stanwyck at the Daedalus Books warehouse yesterday, for all of $6.98.  It came out at $40.00 last November, and Daedalus has had it at $6.98 since August.  I sure hope the author of that Brent book does better than that.

I should've waited (on the Babs book) I only got half way through it. Maybe I'll finish it this winter............I paid the Amazon price. (dont think it was 40.00)...........

Uh-oh. One more rear end reference and this thread will also be banished to "Off-topic chit-chat". For some odd reason, rear ends are considered to be off-topic.

This is about George's new biography, not his rear end!

It's like trying to discuss Jane Fonda. You Know What is always going to butt in.

Who is YOU KNOW WHAT?

Because as you know, the truth is that Jane Fonda is a traitor and George Brent is dead.

Tsk, tsk, Lorna...................was that nice to call names?

But You Know What is always going to butt in was a very good pun, I gotta give you that. Because even though Brent is dead, he does still have a big butt, right? And Jane Fonda is always going to be a traitor, right?

Right?

Yeah, he HAS been the butt of a lot of jokes in here.  Some seem to have a DEEP SEATED need to make fun of certain things.  ME?

Well, I'M just trying to have me some PUN!  As some of you might have A S S ertained!  :lol:

Sepiatone

But You Know What is always going to butt in was a very good pun, I gotta give you that. Because even though Brent is dead, he does still have a big butt, right? And Jane Fonda is always going to be a traitor, right?

Right?

Jane Fonda is a born-again Christian now and has been forgiven of any sins . . . just for the record.

Who is YOU KNOW WHAT?

Because as you know, the truth is that Jane Fonda is a traitor and George Brent is dead.

Tsk, tsk, Lorna...................was that nice to call names?

Right?

Wrong.     It was also my understanding that certain religions push the concept of forgiveness.

well this just blew all the eff up and I feel responsible.

ALL APOLOGIES TO HIBI!, ONE OF OUR NICEST POSTERS!

I am interested if the bio gets into Brent's Irish background (he was born and raised there and didn't come to America until his twenties I think)- which you would never suspect watching his movies.

I never even catch a hint of a Brogue.

I am interested if the bio gets into Brent's Irish background (he was born and raised there and didn't come to America until his twenties I think)- which you would never suspect watching his movies.

You also owe an apology to YOU KNOW WHAT.

Georgie and I thank you!  :P

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings