Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

♦ The Movies of Christopher George (1931-1983) ♦

Mr. Gorman

I made a list of George Peppard movies a week or so back cos I'm a fan of GP and this week I decided to make a list of Christopher George movies because he appeared in such a wild mix of films from the well-known ("El Dorado") to the very obscure ("The Inbreaker") in all sorts of genres.  Like George Peppard, Christopher George had some success on television with RAT PATROL, but he also starred in THE IMMORTAL along with numerous guest appearances on scores of shows from the 1960s until he died in 1983 at 52).  ► He was Vanna White's uncle and they both appeared in the middling 1981 slasher film "Graduation Day", but had no scenes together.  

♠ THEATRICAL FILMS ♠

Mortuary (1983)  Filmed in 1981

Pieces (1982-Spanish/US)

Kampuchea Express, The (1982-Thailand)

Enter the Ninja (1981)

Graduation Day (1981)

Exterminator, The (1980)

City of the Living Dead (1980-Italian/US)  (aka:  "The Gates of Hell")

Last Touch of Love (1978-Italian)

Whiskey Mountain (1977)  At least some of this movie was filmed in 1974/75.

Day of the Animals (1977)

Midway (1976)

Dixie Dynamite (1976)

Grizzly (1976)

Inbreaker, The (1974-Canadian)

Pushing Up Daisies (1973)  [cameo]

I Escaped From Devil's Island (1973)

Bad Charleston Charlie (1973)  [cameo]

Train Robbers, The (1973)

Chisum (1970)

Delta Factor, The (1970)

Tiger by the Tail (1970)

Devil's 8, The (1969)

Thousand Plane Raid, The (1969)

Gavilan (1968)

Project X (1968)

El Dorado (1966)

Gentle Rain, The (1966)

In Harm's Way (1965) (small role)

-----------------------------------

♣ MADE-FOR-TELEVISION Movies ♣

Cruise Into Terror (1978-Tvm)

Mayday at 40,000 Feet (1976-Tvm)

Last Survivors, The (1975-Tvm)

Heist, The (1972-Tvm)

Man On A String (1972-Tvm)

Dead Men Tell No Tales (1971-Tvm)

Escape (1971-Tvm) 

House on Greenapple Road, The (1970-Tvm) > Later turned into 'Dan August' Tv series w/ Burt Reynolds

Immortal, The (1969-Tvm)  Pilot for the series

I remember seeing Pieces and Mortuary, George's final films, at the movies, with a wild and appreciative audience ready to scream at the slightest provocation. Those were elemental cinema experiences!  For me, Pieces is the classic trashy slasher horror film of its period. Homage must also be paid to Mr. George's wife, Lynda Day George.

My first viewings of Christopher George were of his starring in THE RAT PATROL and I have always thought of him as primarily a TV actor.  Of course we see him  in several John Wayne films like EL DORADO (they became good friends) and a few other movies. I just looked him up  on IMBd, he died of a heart attack at 52. His heart condition was the result of an accident he had many  years earlier while filming THE RAT PATROL.

• 7 months later...

With THE TRAIN ROBBERS and CHISUM being aired very recently Christopher George got some air time on TCM. 

Perhaps TCM can dig up "TIGER BY THE TAIL" (1970) co-starring Tippi Hedren some time.  That is, if there's still an extant print.   

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings