Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Friday Night Spotlight: Africa

jakeem

If you've been watching the new season of "Jeopardy!" then you've noticed that Alex Trebek is once again sporting a mustache after years of being clean shaven. I wonder if his intros and outros for October's Friday Night Spotlight were shot before or after the return of the 'Stache.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/jeopardy-host-alex-trebek-brings-back-mustache/story?id=25431872

It'll also be interesting to see if the "Jeopardy!" episode for Friday, October 3rd has a Friday Night Spotlight category.

For the record, Trebek was without a mustache for Friday Night Spotlight. And Friday's episode of "Jeopardy!" only featured a category titled "Cinema Zoo," in which one correct reponse was "Gorillas in the Mist." That happens to be one of the films scheduled for the Friday Night Spotlight: Africa lineup.

I must say Trebek impressed me as a special Turner Classic Movies host. He would fit right in if TCM ever decided to make Sir Sean Connery Star of the Month a second time!

i've only seen little of trebek, but i believe he would be a great, permanent replacement if osborne should ever pass on.

I must say Trebek impressed me as a special Turner Classic Movies host. He would fit right in if TCM ever decided to make Sir Sean Connery Star of the Month a second time!

i've only seen little of trebek, but i believe he would be a great, permanent replacement if osborne should ever pass on.

I was impressed by what I saw of Trebek last night.    He had the right amount of energy and he supplied some interesting info but he didn't come across like he was taking to college kids taking their first "history of US film" class.    e.g. saying that everything that can be said Casablanca has been said. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I like Alex Trebek on Jeopardy, but his delivery in his Friday Night Spotlight presentations is a little too canned and rehearsed for my tastes. It is especially  distracting when he looks down during transitions.

We all know that Osborne's and Mankiewicz's wrap-around remarks are scripted, but they have a more spontaneous-seeming style than does Trebek.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings