Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

John Wayne complete films of book

crazyblonde7

Shouldn't you have asked this question before you ordered the book? ;)   I don't have the book but I do have similar books on other actors.  I am guessing that the book is mainly a listing of all of John Wayne's film appearances including his early days when he had only small parts  (like Barbara Stanwyck's BABY FACE).  Just how much detail does the book go into about the film itself,  maybe how Wayne got the part, etc? That you will find out. It sounds like a good way to start learning about the Duke's film career,  other books will get more into the story of the man's  life.  I would suggest doing a search on ebay (not necessarily to buy books  there, use just for a reference) its amazing how many books have been written over the years.  That may help you, sometimes you can access reviews of individual book buyers/readers.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently ordered this book because I am up to John Wayne in my movie collecting. Is this a good book? Is there a better one?

To my knowledge this is the only book up to date on the complete films of John Wayne. It looks like it's well written and some info on his career. This is most likely your best bet if you only want a list of films.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings