Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OK. I Admit It. I Cannot Stand Butch Jenkins.

lydecker

Seeing the little brat today on "Our Vines Have Tender Grapes" reminded me once again of how much I loathe watching him. His presence engenders an automatic:  "Time to hit the mute button" response.  His performance in "National Velvet" was even more annoying. Whining about his "bug jar" incessantly? I just wanted to smack the kid and wanted to know what idiot at MGM thought to force him into the stellar National Velvet (or any other) cast.

Just venting.  Hope there are other folks on the list who, like me, never "got" this kid.

Lydecker

Seeing the little brat today on "Our Vines Have Tender Grapes" reminded me once again of how much I loathe watching him. His presence engenders an automatic:  "Time to hit the mute button" response.  His performance in "National Velvet" was even more annoying. Whining about his "bug jar" incessantly? I just wanted to smack the kid and wanted to know what idiot at MGM thought to force him into the stellar National Velvet (or any other) cast.

Just venting.  Hope there are other folks on the list who, like me, never "got" this kid.

Lydecker

Funny,  but your avatar makes the message being conveyed in this post work to perfection.    It is like Mr.  Belvedere is speaking right to me! 

• Like 3

Funny,  but your avatar makes the message being conveyed in this post work to perfection.    It is like Mr.  Belvedere is speaking right to me! 

Ha.  I hear you but if my avatar was Shirley Temple, I would still hate Butch Jenkins.

I just wanted to smack the kid and wanted to know what idiot at MGM thought to force him into the stellar National Velvet (or any other) cast.

Probably the same idiot who thought Margaret O'Brien wasn't irritating.

I remember as a kid playing Hooky one day to watch Ben Hunter's Matinee at noon. The movie was supposed to be A LETTER TO THREE WIVES, but the reels got mixed up (or something), and some movie starring Butch Jenkins was shown instead. I turned it off, and got some homework done, but put it on near the end of the time block to see what went wrong. Hunter came back on saying something like, "Whew, what a stinker that was!". I was very upset, and felt I lied about being sick for nothing.

I.agree with the poster thst said he was one if the ugliest kids on the screen, and defintiely most annoying.

• Like 1

Yep, I gotta say I TOO always thought there was somethin' "wrong" with that little squirt.

(...like maybe his mom and dad were related somehow...and I DON'T mean by marriage alone, if ya know what I mean)  ;)

• Like 3

I remember as a kid playing Hooky one day to watch Ben Hunter's Matinee at noon. The movie was supposed to be A LETTER TO THREE WIVES, but the reels got mixed up (or something), and some movie starring Butch Jenkins was shown instead. I turned it off, and got some homework done, but put it on near the end of the time block to see what went wrong. Hunter came back on saying something like, "Whew, what a stinker that was!". I was very upset, and felt I lied about being sick for nothing.

I.agree with the poster thst said he was one if the ugliest kids on the screen, and defintiely most annoying.

It looks like I have lucked out by having no idea who Butch Jenkins was.

Don't know him. I know Bobs Watson and can't stand his untalented face (poor Lionel), but I have never seen Jenkins. Sounds like I didn't miss anything.

Don't know him. I know Bobs Watson and can't stand his untalented face (poor Lionel), but I have never seen Jenkins. Sounds like I didn't miss anything.

Jenkins was a child actor of the 40s.   He is the really out there kid in Tender Grapes,  he was with Liz in National Velvet and a few other 40s films.     So you might have seen Jenkins but just didn't notice him (but frankly that is hard to do because the kid is a royal pain!).

• Like 1

Jenkins was a child actor of the 40s.   He is the really out there kid in Tender Grapes,  he was with Liz in National Velvet and a few other 40s films.     So you might have seen Jenkins but just didn't notice him (but frankly that is hard to do because the kid is a royal pain!).

james, I just googled Jackie 'Butch' Jenkins, and luckily for me, I've never ever seen the kid.

He was in Bud Abbott and Lou Costello In Hollywood, but that's a new name to me too. I have not seen this movie, it would be nice if TCM ran it.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings