Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Found Footage Horror!

joefilmone

This trend began with "The Blair Witch Project" which at least made sense because  they were making a movie- but now it's become an excuse for bad photography, headache inducing editing and lazy story telling- and seriously if some monster was trying to kill you would you keep on filming?

• Like 1

I agree with your post but I do kind of like the "idea" of a new horror genre that does not include un-follow-able story lines with un-believable cgi and gore. (like the new 13 GHOSTS-dreck!) 

I have to say though, I took PARANORMAL ACTIVITY out of the library and could not watch it, it scared me too much. I had to fast forward through it to get the jist of the story but not get involved enough to allow it to scare me.

I doubt if it disturbed others as much as it did me, but if I had watched it unfold all the way through, I never would have gone to sleep. eek.gif (I live alone in a haunted house)

But yeah, Hollywood has a terrible knack of trying to repeat the success of a one hit wonder to death.

This trend began with "The Blair Witch Project" which at least made sense because  they were making a movie- but now it's become an excuse for bad photography, headache inducing editing and lazy story telling- and seriously if some monster was trying to kill you would you keep on filming?

exactly. a film like William Friedkin's The Exorcist is so far above such contemporary trash it is downright pathetic.

and what is pathetic is handing some twentysomethings video equipment. they go out into the woods and proceed to "act" in a manner comparable to getting outta school on a friday afternoon and that is now passing for filmmaking. :lol:

my reaction to such contemporary hollywood foolishness?

to quote John Wayne to actor Willis Bouchey in The Horse Soldiers...

"Get outta here!" :D

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings