Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help me figure out this movie

coachkimw

Think psychological thriller where someone is trying to drive this woman insane over the death if here husband. She it hunks he is dead in the pool on the porch I think the husband fakes his death and is driving her insane so they can get her inheritance

Sounds a bit like the French suspense thriller "Diabolique" (1955)

Christina suffers greatly at the hands of her brutish husband Michel. She inherited the boys boarding school they run but it's clearly Michel who is in charge. With Nicole - one of the teachers and Michel's former lover - they decide to kill him. They lure him to Nicole's house where he is drugged and drowned in the bath. They then dispose of his body in the schools algae filled swimming pool. After several days, his body fails to float up to the surface and when the pool is drained, his body is nowhere to be found. Christina, who has a serious health condition, is terrified especially after one of the students says he saw him.

Michel and Nicole have set up Christina from the beginning. Michel is not dead, but acting dead to scare Christina to death.

It was remade a few times as

The Corpse (1971)

Reflections of Murder (1974)

House of Secrets (1993)

Diabolique (1996)

• 1 month later...

I'm going crazy trying to figure out the name of a movie I caught late at night. It's about a woman pretending to be from money to marry a rich man but she ends up falling in love with the mail carrier of the town. I believe it's in black & white. The mail carrier lived on top of a hill & intercepts a letter to the rich man exposing her for who she really is. Please help!!

I'm going crazy trying to figure out the name of a movie I caught late at night. It's about a woman pretending to be from money to marry a rich man but she ends up falling in love with the mail carrier of the town. I believe it's in black & white. The mail carrier lived on top of a hill & intercepts a letter to the rich man exposing her for who she really is. Please help!!

How 'bout The Bride Wore Red, with Joan Crawford, Franchot Tone, and Robert Young?:

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/69678/The-Bride-Wore-Red/

Click on READ THE FULL SYNOPSIS

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings