Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Geoffrey Holder (1930-2014)

jakeem

Geoffrey Holder, the Trinidad-born actor, choreographer and general everyday Renaissance man, has died at the age of 84. Among his films was "Live and Let Die," the 1973 installment of the James Bond series in which he played voodoo master Baron Samedi.

Of course, he'll probably always be remembered for his popular "The Uncola" commercials for 7-Up in the 1970s and 1980s. And that wonderful laugh of his!

Here's his obituary from The Los Angeles Times:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/culture/la-et-cm-geoffrey-holder-dead-20141006-story.html

And a remembrance of some of his movie roles:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-geoffrey-holder-five-of-his-memorable-movie-roles-20141006-story.html

84 years old, my good man, jakeem.

holder sparkled amongst the few clean-headed, hollywood clientele; along with isaac hayes and lou gossett, jr..

he was a most modest performer.

he sorta reminded me of the great egbert (bert) williams.

Geoffrey Holder, the Trinidad-born actor, choreographer and general everyday Renaissance man, has died at the age of 74.

84 years old, my good man, jakeem.

holder sparkled amongst the few clean-headed, hollywood clientele; along with isaac hayes and lou gossett, jr..

he was a most modest performer.

he sorta reminded me of the great egbert (bert) williams.

Oops! Thank you for catching that! Perhaps I need a refresher course in math.

No one has yet mentioned the fact that he was "Nasty Nelson" in 1992's Boomerang, effectively stealing every scene he's in playing an advertising director who fancies Bunuel and Dali, but whose work is disturbingly, hilariously, sexually overt. .

"nahsty Nelson, that's me....ahahahahahahhahaha!"

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings