Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movie line you'd use as a life motto.

"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame

I'd also be apt to choose "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn" -Gone With the Wind

Both would be applicable to many occasions of everyday life.

Btw, I gotta wonder here if the "life motto" movie line for those around here who think TCM should ONLY show movies made before 1960 would be...

...wait for it:

"I (prefer to) see dead people!"

LOL

• Like 1

Don't remember the movie but James Gleason said (which I oft repeat) "I never met a defenseless woman in my life."

In situations about possessions, the Tikis will say, "..and before you know it, you've become a heelot yourself!" (Meet John Doe)

But my life motto, pictured on my bathroom vanity every day comes from Mae West, "You're never too old to become younger"

Btw, I gotta wonder here if the "life motto" movie line for those around here who think TCM should ONLY show movies made before 1960 would be...

...wait for it:

LOL

Hey, Dargo, I resemble that remark! :D Oh, and you're quite right about people not being able to handle the truth, they surely can't.

What's going on with the new 'privacy warning'? Ted is firing old people, collecting our height, weight, and hat number - what was it Kevin McCarthy said at the beginning of Invasion of the Body Snatchers 1978, before he was killed? :huh:

...wait for it:

LOL

Hey, Dargo, I resemble that remark! :D

Well primos, I DO have to admit that you and good ol' Freddy C. Dobbs DID come to my mind as I wrote that.  ;)

(...but I ALSO have to say that seein' as how that particular famous movie line came from "The Sixth Sense" made in 1999, I am ALSO somewhat impressed that YOU not only GOT the joke but found it funny TOO, and so hats off to ya here, Lady!!!)   ;)

Here's one I use a lot, from The Naked Spur, when Robert Ryan is telling Janet Leigh that he needs another back rub. She says, "Do you need it, or do you want it?" and he says "A man needs what he wants."

Don't remember the movie but James Gleason said (which I oft repeat) "I never met a defenseless woman in my life."

In situations about possessions, the Tikis will say, "..and before you know it, you've become a heelot yourself!" (Meet John Doe)

But my life motto, pictured on my bathroom vanity every day comes from Mae West, "You're never too old to become younger"

Ooh love the Mae West quote.  I think I'm going to start using it. 

Well primos, I DO have to admit that you and good ol' Freddy C. Dobbs DID come to my mind as I wrote that.  ;)

(...but I ALSO have to say that seein' as how that particular famous movie line came from "The Sixth Sense" made in 1999, I am ALSO somewhat impressed that YOU not only GOT the joke but found it funny TOO, and so hats off to ya here, Lady!!!)   ;)

:rolleyes:

Here's one I use a lot, from The Naked Spur, when Robert Ryan is telling Janet Leigh that he needs another back rub. She says, "Do you need it, or do you want it?" and he says "A man needs what he wants."

I wonder if Mick and Keith wrote a certain song after watching this movie?

"Be sure you're right, then go ahead" -- Fess Parker as Davy Crockett. Not sure if this was from a Disney movie or a TV production. Or if the real Davy Crockett actually said it. But I've always liked it.

Well, ordinarily, I'd tell you the movie line I use as my life motto, but I got a feelin' "you can't handle the truth"! ;)

I use this line a lot since it applies to so many situations, especially politics and government.

"Be sure you're right, then go ahead" -- Fess Parker as Davy Crockett. Not sure if this was from a Disney movie or a TV production. Or if the real Davy Crockett actually said it. But I've always liked it.

Well, not to bring politics into the discussion here, but isn't that pretty much the byword of all Conservatives??? ;)

(...sorry...couldn't resist...and DON'T START, PEOPLE!!!) LOL

I usually select something from the Joe Pesci mf fall collection.

I usually don't like cursing in movies, but his line in "My Cousin Vinny" about being in "Ala-*******-bama" was so danged funny!! :)