Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movie line you'd use as a life motto.

I usually don't like cursing in movies, but his line in "My Cousin Vinny" about being in "Ala-*******-bama" was so danged funny!! :)

I met Jonathan Lynn, the director of My Cousin Vinney, the other night. Really nice man. Lives in my neighborhood in NYC, though he and his wife are originally from England.  

I usually don't like cursing in movies, but his line in "My Cousin Vinny" about being in "Ala-*******-bama" was so danged funny!! :)

It is even more relevant in you have spent time in Alabama as it fits so well.

Some of my favorite lines in MY COUSIN VINNY were always in the "Magic Grits" witness scene.

• 8 months later...

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." (You gotta get your priorities straight)

The Godfather

And sometimes you just have to say,

"Forget it Jake. It's Chinatown." (Know when it's time to hang it up--you can;t win 'em all)

Chinatown

"We must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy." (and sometimes, we fail)

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

• Like 2

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." (You gotta get your priorities straight)

The Godfather

And sometimes you just have to say,

"Forget it Jake. It's Chinatown." (Know when it's time to hang it up--you can;t win 'em all)

Chinatown

"We must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy." (and sometimes, we fail)

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Well the one I have under my avatar right now from The Scarlet Pimpernel;   Nothing is as bad as something that is not so bad. 

Often when someone is asked how they feel about something,  e.g. "how is that ice cream?",   they will respond with 'not so bad'. 

I'll use that line since to me 'not so bad' implies something mediocre (as in not good or bad), and the person is just trying to be polite.   I want to know how they really feel.   Often they will say 'yea,  I don't really like it' or 'I wouldn't purchase this or want to have it again',  and I let them know that it is A-OK to just say that.   

Vito Corleone---

"A man who doesn't spend time with his family isn't really a man."

Sepiatone

And this from his son;  A man who doesn't kill members of his family isn't really a man.

• Like 1

Mae West's timeless advice has rarely steered me wrong:

Between two evils I always pick the one I never tried before

A dame who knows the ropes isn'tlikely to get tied up

I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it

• Like 3

Mae West's timeless advice has rarely steered me wrong

Those quotes were great. I keep this one of hers on my bathroom mirror for inspiration:

"You're never too old to become younger"

MrTiki often calls others "Heelots", sometimes calls me that. And I agree with EmilyDean's NETWORK quote. I say it often, especially in regards to today's "news" and "entertainment" in general.

My "life" motto however, comes from HERE COMES MR JORDAN. Claude Rains says repeatedly, "Everything's going to be all right." meaning nothing is insurmountable.