Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Randolph Scott/Temple Picture

Janet0312

Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm.

I haven't seen this picture in ages. I happened to be flicking through channels and came across it.and I must confess that Randolph Scott was one handsome dude!

The film had been colorized - EEK! - I can't stand half color/half black and white. Shirley Temple was cute in her colorized clothing, but her tongue and teeth were gray. Same with the wallpaper and curtains. When this nightmare of colorizing films first began, I saw a colorized version of the Robert Duvall Twilight Zone episode, and I thought it was damn well nicely done, but then when I saw the colorized version of Way Out West with Laurel & Hardy, I damn near tossed my cookies.

Needless to say when I saw that this Shirley Temple film was colorized, I just about switched channels. But dreamy Randolph Scott had me hooked. I also loved the scenes with Phyllis Brooks and Jack Haley. The Raymond Scott Quintet is also featured. For those of you who are not aquanited with Raymond Scott by name, he is the creator of "Powerhouse" which is featured in several Bugs Bunny cartoons.

• Like 1

Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm.

I haven't seen this picture in ages. I happened to be flicking through channels and came across it.and I must confess that Randolph Scott was one handsome dude!

The film had been colorized - EEK! - I can't stand half color/half black and white. Shirley Temple was cute in her colorized clothing, but her tongue and teeth were gray. Same with the wallpaper and curtains. When this nightmare of colorizing films first began, I saw a colorized version of the Robert Duvall Twilight Zone episode, and I thought it was damn well nicely done, but then when I saw the colorized version of Way Out West with Laurel & Hardy, I damn near tossed my cookies.

Needless to say when I saw that this Shirley Temple film was colorized, I just about switched channels. But dreamy Randolph Scott had me hooked. I also loved the scenes with Phyllis Brooks and Jack Haley. The Raymond Scott Quintet is also featured. For those of you who are not aquanited with Raymond Scott by name, he is the creator of "Powerhouse" which is featured in several Bugs Bunny cartoons.

Sorry, I forgot to post this.morning's FXM Retro's schedule, which had ROSF. Was it colorized? Not only was Randolph Scott in it, but so was the beauteous Phyllis Brooks, who was Cary Grant's girlfriend (fiancee?) at that time. Must've made for some interesting pillow talk all arojnd lol.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings