Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News: Jan Hooks has died

TopBilled

She was 57. Known primarily for her television work on Saturday Night Live and Designing Women, she occasionally ventured into the movies. She was particularly good in SIMON BIRCH. She had a starring role with Martin Short in JIMINY GLICK IN LALAWOOD in 2004.  Rest in peace, Jan.

For more: http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/09/showbiz/comedian-actress-jan-hooks-dies/

I loved her portrayals of Bette Davis on SNL...they were hilarious!  I also liked her in the role of Verna Maroney on "30 Rock".  She was a great comedic sketch actress.  I'll miss her.

She was brilliant and a very hard-working lady I had the privilege of meeting on the Designing Women set. 

Very, very sad. I really liked her from Saturday Night, and would see her from time to time on other shows.  I see she was part of the cast on Not Necessarily The News from way, way back.  I vaguely remember watching some of those shows, but I don't remember if I was ever aware of her connection to that show.  57 is way too young to pass, damn, I'm 57.  :(

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings