Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Could The Haunting induce vertigo?

NipkowDisc

like when julie harris is running through the hallways gibbering to herself about the house only wanting her and we get the fancy camerawork with the twisting and the stretching, could that induce vertigo on one of the new 4k ultra hi-def curved screen TVs? :)

2wgabk2.jpg

Well ND, I suppose this COULD be a possible reaction with some people, but I know for SURE that the 1999 remake of this film induced a mild case of "queasiness" within ME when I watched it, anyway.

(...and ONLY because the lame remake's overuse of all the CGI special effects in it undermined the whole interesting premise of the original, which was to pose the question if Hill House was truly haunted OR just a figment of the involved characters' imaginations, particularly Nell's)

Well ND, I suppose this COULD be a possible reaction with some people, but I know for SURE that the 1999 remake of this film induced a mild case of "queasiness" within ME when I watched it, anyway.

(...and ONLY because the lame remake's overuse of all the CGI special effects in it undermined the whole interesting premise of the original, which was to pose the question if Hill House was truly haunted OR just a figment of the involved characters' imaginations, particularly Nell's)

That must be it. hill house induced vertigo in nell's mind but dr. markway and the others could not see it because nell was such a neurotic-like irritant anyways. :)

like when julie harris is running through the hallways gibbering to herself about the house only wanting her and we get the fancy camerawork with the twisting and the stretching, could that induce vertigo on one of the new 4k ultra hi-def curved screen TVs? :)

2wgabk2.jpg

the old guy's voice that nell hears from the ceiling? Ed Begley for sure. :D

2rcrghh.jpg

the old guy's voice that nell hears from the ceiling? Ed Begley for sure. :D

2rcrghh.jpg

LOL

Yeah, ya know you COULD be right here. It DOES kind'a sound like Begley, doesn't it! ;)

(...btw, also liked your description of Nell down there...yeah, I always DID feel like grabbing Julie Harris by the shoulders and shaking her while sayin': "Get a freakin' GRIP here, lady!"...gotta admit she's GOOD in this thing, though)  

2wgabk2.jpg

mighta been this ol' buzzard too, Will Wright, gibbering from the ceiling. :lol:

2h5snrq.jpg

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings