Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movie on demand only shows half top part

bluelilis

I already sent a message for this problem to tcm.com a couple of days ago and I haven't heard any since.

When TCM projected "Ghost Valley" 3 or 4 days ago, we had a huge storm in our area and the satellite was interrupted in the middle. So I was very happy to see that the movie was in the list on-demand. I haven't had this luck before. Too fast... When I tried to watch it in my PC, only the top part of the movie shows. It's not only incomplete, but also "zoomed" only vertically, to cover the correct screen size. It's being like this since they posted here.

Have anybody else had the same experience? Is anything I can do? Anybody else to e-mail?

I have Win7, IExplorer 10 (I also tried Opera), with the latest Adobe Flash player (I think it's version 15.xx). Other movies look normal, so I think it was badly stored and nobody have cared to check it, or complained about it.

Where is TCM's technical help? I can only see FAQs, not a specific address to send an e-mail. I'm afraid that the one I sent has fallen somewhere thru the cracks.

This service on demand is very nice, but only when it works. TCM does not seem to have enough web expertise or experience to handle it when it doesn't. I haven't been able to watch one movie yet that I have missed in the regular programming. I like to watch very rare movies, which very seldom get selected for on-demand show, and obviously nobody else care for them. TCM seems to care more than other TV services to form and keep a community, but still it's a TV company, not a web-oriented company. The lack of technical support does not compare very well with other movie services (Hulu, Netflix). Let's not be ingenuous; it's not really free, as I pay enough to the satellite company for the privilege. I practically watch -only- TCM, and it is not in their basic service.

I will try the phone number next (not much hope for a good weekend service(?)) and I'll go on insisting until 10/15 when Ghost Valley stops being offered on demand. Too bad; it is there, but only half!

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated,

Liliana

(BlueLiliS)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings