Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Test Test Test is this site working now?

MovieMadness

I'm sure glad they fixed this issue; couldn't imagine why my account was "suspended".  Finally, visited a Barnes and Noble and tried to access the site from a generic computer and got same results.  It would have been nice if there was a message stating there was a "system error" or even now, it would be nice if someone at TCM sent a generic message stating there was a temporary issue but all is ok.

ANYWAY, it sure is good to be back here.

I had just gotten one of those periotic "updates" loaded onto my computer and thought this might be the problem.  I also contacted TCM to see if something I wrote had offended somebody.  I was on the phone to Netscape to see if they could help when the Board thankfully came back up.

I agree that there should have been a notice on the TCM home page telling us it was them and not us.  It should also be easier to get through to TCM by phone or e-mail. 

• Like 1

sorry, but if a simple explanation could have been posted SOMEWHERE, it would have been more professional and courteous to their public. Instead of having everyone flounder around from site to site and wasting time and e-mails. And still no explanation or apology!

Bad form and "Another fine mess the station got itself into"

:(  :(

I agree with all of you about this deplorable situation.  At first, I thought that I had written something offensive.  It never occurred to me that everyone was going through the same thing.  It would have been so easy for TCM to notify us some way about this.  And I swear, it is impossible to speak to a live body at TCM, unless it concerns the monthly magazine.    Where was Robert Osborne when we needed him?

Terrence.

again. sorry, but with their recent dvd sales fiasco (wasn't gonna bring it up), missing animation segment and now this mess board "account suspended' blunder, there DOES seem to be a pattern of behavior of indifference and unprofessional conduct on TCMs part, and I see nothing wrong with calling them out on it.

:wacko:

Seems to me that TCM could have done one of two things.

1.  Send an e-mail to all members, since they have everybody's e-mail and could be done as a mass e-mail.

2.  Post a big announcement on the TCM home page re: the problem.

Let me just say that it is an experience I would never like to have again.

Relieved it is over, but maybe, as others said: a contingency plan? A quick mass e-mail can be generated or something? Honestly, I was still logged in and couldn't get to the message board so I wouldn't even see a post if there was one.

I had just gone out to a family birthday dinner, was so looking forward to watching a movie or two when we returned home and checking out some threads, and then saw "account suspended."

I have never had that in my life. I just joined a few days ago and only had 10 posts. So I had no idea what happened. Totally a head-scratcher, but you still wonder if maybe something was taken the wrong way or whatever. I panicked a bit. I admit it, I did. I will always be that little kid in elementary school afraid of the teacher. LOL!

But I did get a shock there for a minute. When we went out to dinner, I forget to log out, so I was still logged in and couldn't get out. So you can imagine the wondering of not being able to see if something happened or whatever.

No worries. Stuff happens. But man, if that happens again, please alert me.

I feel TCM should make it up to us somehow..

Maybe by allowing us to make an unlimited number of irrelevant posts for a period of one week.

:ph34r:

They already do that based on the posts I see on the site.

I suspect what happened was that TCM's account with the service that operates the message boards was suspended for whatever reason.

I attempted to access the message boards as a guest (without an account/user name) and still received the Account Has Been Suspended message.

I think an individual with an account suspended for cause would have received  more information about the reason for the suspension and the timeframe of the suspension.

I suspect what happened was that TCM's account with the service that operates the message boards was suspended for whatever reason.

I attempted to access the message boards as a guest (without an account/user name) and still received the Account Has Been Suspended message.

I think an individual with an account suspended for cause would have received  more information about the reason for the suspension and the timeframe of the suspension.

This is the first time I could get in since Sunday because I also received the 'been suspended' message screen.

Glad to see that it wasn't because of my behavior here!   

This reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode "The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street" .  People, get a grip, please. ;)

Here is a re-make of THE MONSTERS ARE DUE ON MAPLE STREET, which was a Twilight Zone classic about neighbors becoming paranoid of one another, especially neighbors who are not the “same”, such as Polacks, I-talians, Jews, A-rabs, Red-Necks, Blacks, Asians, Yankees, Californians, etc. (LOL)

I’ve never seen this re-make before now. It’s pretty good, but not as good as the original. This new one is related to mysterious and unidentified “Terrorists”, like the “people” who turned off our access to our message board last night.

One of those people is here, now, and is pretending to be one of us.

It ain’t me.

Fred.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahv8E8feH9w

Like others, I thought the suspension might have been for something I posted.  After a time, I realized it might not have been "all about me syndrome", so I chalked it up to either a technical glitch on this site or the possibility that the site might have been the objective of hackers who may have been trying to steal information from the users and visitors here.  If the honest users and unscrupulous would-be hackers have no access to TCM, I don't mind being shut out for a time if layers of protection are installed to prevent a cyber attack from happening.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings