Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NPH to host the Academy Awards in 2015

jakeem

It always seemed inevitable that actor Neil Patrick Harris would host the Academy Awards someday, and now it's a reality. Let's see, he's already won a Tony and something like five Emmys, so maybe there's a way he could get a special Oscar for it.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/oscars-neil-patrick-harris-host-741169?utm_source=twitter

It always seemed inevitable that actor Neil Patrick Harris would host the Academy Awards someday, and now it's a reality. Let's see, he's already won a Tony and something like five Emmys, so maybe there's a way he could get a special Oscar for it.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/oscars-neil-patrick-harris-host-741169?utm_source=twitter

We've been talking about Rodney Dangerfield. I would have liked to see HIM host the Oscars. Can you say "fish out of water"?

He might be my dream host too, if I knew who he was.

He's a British comic, actor, writer (his autobiography is My Booky Wook), recovering addict, rabble rouser, quirky sort of fella.  I first noticed him when he hosted the MTV awards (yes, I stooped so low) years ago and was hooked.  Maybe he's an acquired taste; people seem to really like him, or really, really dislike him.  My 90something father finds him the most obnoxious person on earth, but found a piece he wrote on Margaret Thatcher "not too bad."

I'd be curious what you make of him!

He might be my dream host too, if I knew who he was.

you see, this is the problem. hollywood is and has written everybody off over the age of 30. yes, I have heard the name but what in sam hill has he done to earn emcee status at the academy awards? :angry:

you see, this is the problem. hollywood is and has written everybody off over the age of 30. yes, I have heard the name but what in sam hill has he done to earn emcee status at the academy awards? :angry:

why not the guy who plays the headless horseman on sleepy hollow? :lol:

He's a British comic, actor, writer (his autobiography is My Booky Wook), recovering addict, rabble rouser, quirky sort of fella.  I first noticed him when he hosted the MTV awards (yes, I stooped so low) years ago and was hooked.  Maybe he's an acquired taste; people seem to really like him, or really, really dislike him.  My 90something father finds him the most obnoxious person on earth, but found a piece he wrote on Margaret Thatcher "not too bad."

You got hooked on a recovering addict. Interesting choice of word.

He also was married to pop star Katy Perry for a couple of years. I suppose trying to keep up with her is enough to make you off-kilter. 

He also was married to pop star Katy Perry for a couple of years. I suppose trying to keep up with her is enough to make you off-kilter. 

Probably not a match made in heaven.  To his credit, when they split he didn't take any of the money he was entitled to under California community property law.

Probably not a match made in heaven.  To his credit, when they split he didn't take any of the money he was entitled to under California community property law.

If you saw her special guest appearance as an "American Idol" judge a couple of years ago, you might have reached the conclusion that she's a high-maintenance diva. Then again, she was unbelievably wild and crazy and likeable at Ole Miss during a recent stint as a guest picker on ESPN's College GameDay.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings