Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need help figuring out this movie

Guamro

I saw this musical a few years ago and thought it was The Bandwagon but I was wrong. The plot was about a couple at odds who are trying to put on a show. The one distinguishing factor that I remember was that the lead in the movie didn't get along with the choreographer, who seemed to be gay. At the end of the movie, the finale is a fight with gangsters and the choreographer with his male dancers, fight alongside the lead, beating them up with dance moves. Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about? Please tell me I'm not crazy.

I saw this musical a few years ago and thought it was The Bandwagon but I was wrong. The plot was about a couple at odds who are trying to put on a show. The one distinguishing factor that I remember was that the lead in the movie didn't get along with the choreographer, who seemed to be gay. At the end of the movie, the finale is a fight with gangsters and the choreographer with his male dancers, fight alongside the lead, beating them up with dance moves. Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about? Please tell me I'm not crazy.

I believe you're referring to the 1957 Gregory Peck-Lauren Bacall comedy "Designing Woman," which is shown frequently on Turner Classic Movies. He's a sportswriter and she's a fashion designer, but they fall in love despite being from different worlds.

The battling choreographer was played by Jack Cole, who was an accomplished dance master in real life. Among his film achievements was the "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" number featuring Marilyn Monroe in "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" (1953).

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings