Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Interview about Montgomery Clift

ben42day

I was wondering if anyone remembers the interview that was done where Robert and I can't remember the other person's name or what he did in the movie business but they were talking about Montgomery Clift and i believe it was a couple other people sitting at a table in the studio delicatessen where he basically flipped out and was under the table eating a butter soaked steak like a dog? I was wondering if anyone remember who that was giving that story of that inccident and if there is anywhere I can view it again? What a tradgedy for any human being to suffer from anything like Montgomery Clift did. It just reaffirms my thoughts on how there needs to be more help available for mental health and substance abuse. Thanks, Ben

I was wondering if anyone remembers the interview that was done where Robert and I can't remember the other person's name or what he did in the movie business but they were talking about Montgomery Clift and i believe it was a couple other people sitting at a table in the studio delicatessen where he basically flipped out and was under the table eating a butter soaked steak like a dog? I was wondering if anyone remember who that was giving that story of that inccident and if there is anywhere I can view it again? What a tradgedy for any human being to suffer from anything like Montgomery Clift did. It just reaffirms my thoughts on how there needs to be more help available for mental health and substance abuse. Thanks, Ben

Monty Clift's performances in Judgment at Nuremberg, the Misfits and his little known portrayal of Sigmund Freud are true masterpieces, each one. Last I saw you can see the whole film of "Freud" at YouTube.

Sorry I don't know of the interview or the story concerning Clift.  What a terrific actor , and what a terrible story  about his troubles in his too short life.  I always will say that on the whole Clift was a better actor than Brando. Even with his struggles late in his life Clift always gave a strong performance  (read about his difficulties doing his scene in JUDGMENT AT NUREMBURG,  but with excellent results  ).   I believe Monty was very good in his one Hitchcock film , I CONFESS (a very underappreciated film of both men)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings