Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

more about GHOST AND MRS MUIR

DickLindsay

This has always been a favorite film of mine.  My first exposure to the title was the TV show back in the 1960s which, quite frankly, I didn't like it too much.  When I finally watched the film, I was very pleasantly surprised.

I love the whole cast; everyone is perfect.  I really like Natalie Wood.  She was such as fine child actress.  I've always found it interesting that Daniel promises Mrs. Muir he would never let Anna see him, but later in the film we find out that, indeed, he did have conversations with her.  I've also seen production stills that show Natalie Wood with Rex Harrison and I've wondered if they shot scenes of the two of them together and then decided not to use them. ??  You kinda almost get the hint that she knows of him when Mrs Muirs in-laws come over and he throws them out bodily.... then you see Natalie Wood peeking from the next room.  seems like they wanted  you to believe that she saw him throwing them out, but decided not to pursue that storyline.

I think my favorite line or part in the film is when Anna is all grown up and they start to talk about the George Sanders character.  And, Gene Tierney says, "funny, I once thought I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him".  How many times some of us have experienced that.

The musical scores fits perfectly and it's shot nicely throughout.  I guess I always feel a little bad that she walks out the door with Rex at the end leaving Martha to go upstairs and find that she's passed away... an elderly lady left there all by herself in a imminent episode of hysteria.  But still, a truly wonderful film.

It opened in NYC at Radio City Music Hall....  How I'd love to see it there.

post-42018-0-96080400-1413686531_thumb.jpg

post-42018-0-16504100-1413686534_thumb.jpg

post-42018-0-40228300-1413686536_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

This has always been a favorite film of mine.  My first exposure to the title was the TV show back in the 1960s which, quite frankly, I didn't like it too much.  When I finally watched the film, I was very pleasantly surprised.

I love the whole cast; everyone is perfect.  I really like Natalie Wood.  She was such as fine child actress.  I've always found it interesting that Daniel promises Mrs. Muir he would never let Anna see him, but later in the film we find out that, indeed, he did have conversations with her.  I've also seen production stills that show Natalie Wood with Rex Harrison and I've wondered if they shot scenes of the two of them together and then decided not to use them. ??  You kinda almost get the hint that she knows of him when Mrs Muirs in-laws come over and he throws them out bodily.... then you see Natalie Wood peeking from the next room.  seems like they wanted  you to believe that she saw him throwing them out, but decided not to pursue that storyline.

I think my favorite line or part in the film is when Anna is all grown up and they start to talk about the George Sanders character.  And, Gene Tierney says, "funny, I once thought I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him".  How many times some of us have experienced that.

The musical scores fits perfectly and it's shot nicely throughout.  I guess I always feel a little bad that she walks out the door with Rex at the end leaving Martha to go upstairs and find that she's passed away... an elderly lady left there all by herself in a imminent episode of hysteria.  But still, a truly wonderful film.

It opened in NYC at Radio City Music Hall....  How I'd love to see it there.

I agree. It was perfect. It was also cute to hear Ben introduce it as being directed by his (great) Uncle Joe.

As many times as I've seen it, I've never once been able to get through the end without choking up.

So I can take it NObody knows WHAT "That Word" was?

Anybody want to guess?  I don't think it was the "F" word....but likely something close to it that back in those times might have meant the same thing.  Or at least some similarily equally indelicate expletive.  Just wonder WHAT!

Sepiatone

well, she types four keystrokes after he convinces here to use it..... So, I always thought it was either the "F" word or the "SH" word.  My guess... it was probably the "F" word.  He asks her what she says when she needs to convey that, and she doesn't have an answer.  If they were referring to the "SH" word, she could have said "garbage" or "trash".  But, there aren't too many words to replace the "F" word (well, not really... ).

well, she types four keystrokes after he convinces here to use it..... So, I always thought it was either the "F" word or the "SH" word.  My guess... it was probably the "F" word.  He asks her what she says when she needs to convey that, and she doesn't have an answer.  If they were referring to the "SH" word, she could have said "garbage" or "trash".  But, there aren't too many words to replace the "F" word (well, not really... ).

Since the story is set in the early 1900s, I don't think either word would be in common usage. That's what makes it so curious.

;)

What could it have been??

Since the story is set in the early 1900s, I don't think either word would be in common usage. That's what makes it so curious.

;)

What could it have been??

Don't be so certain.  These words have a long and rich heritage, stretching back centuries before the time of this story.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings