Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help With Movie regarding ailen/robot in basement of museum

jbdbackfan

Saw a movie on TCM years ago (over 10) and I remember the movie striking me as very interesting.   My details are sketchy, but the more ideas or help I can get to refinding this movie would be great.

Movie is from the 1960s I would guess, could be 50s, and invovles some ailen/robot that is harbored in a basement of a museum of some sort (art museum).   Strange things start happening in the museum, especially after hours which leads to an investigation to what is happening.  

The "basement" that I am remembering could also of been an underground tunnel (a subway perhaps?).

As movie unfolds, eventually this ailen or robot leaves the confounds of the museum and eventually starts creating distruction on the streets with fire and explosions as it topples buildings over in the night.   I can not remember if those fighting this ailen/robot are successful in defeating it.

What I do know is this movie is not War of the Worlds (as people have suggested to me).   Any ideas or just thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Dargo- thanks for the reply, I watched the video you included, unfortunately this was not it.   The movie I am remembering did not have a cheesey sci-fi feeling to it, it was more of a creepy, thriller where the robot or ailen was not revealed until near the end of the movie.

How about the film FIVE MILLION YEARS TO EARTH ?  I half remember that film, James Donald (he of THE GREAT ESCAPE and BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI) stars. I remember James Donald but had to look up the film.

Ya know Mr.R, you might be right here. Our new poster here did say something about a subway, and some of FMYTE takes place in the London Underground.

Dargo, in your suggested flick I see that the robots get billing above the human actors. How humiliating! :)

LOL

Yeah, it appears both "Gog" and "Magog" got billing over even Herbert Marshall there, doesn't it!

Man! From being billed just below Bette Davis in "The Letter" and "The Little Foxes", ALL the way to being billed below a couple of robots!!!

(...what a slide downhill, EH?!) ;)

LOL

Yeah, it appears both "Gog" and "Magog" got billing over even Herbert Marshall there, doesn't it!

Man! From being billed just below Bette Davis in "The Letter" and "The Little Foxes", ALL the way to being billed below a couple of robots!!!

(...what a slide downhill, EH?!) ;)

Not to mention that a few years later Herbert Marshall (who I like very much in all of his work) had to play supporting role to an insect!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings