Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any news on who got the ax/early retirement from TCM?

OBJ

In a just world, it would be the staffer who constantly blows the facts in RO's intros.

Wow, DGF! Gotta say I'm a bit surprised by that answer of yours here.

Yep, I would've thought tops of this list of yours would've been a certain young lady prone to saying with vocal fry, "That knocked my socks off"!

(...or were you just thinking somethin' like, "The celebs are always the last to go"???)

In a just world, it would be the staffer who constantly blows the facts in RO's intros.

But some of this is stuff that Osborne or someone else should know. Recently in introducing THE LADY VANISHES as part of a night of films featuring trains, Osborne said "Now most people would think that the film we just showed, TWENTIETH CENTURY referred to a decade but it actually referred to a train."

Sorry, most people would think that a century refers to ten decades and that Twentieth Century refers to a specific one-hundred year span. This isn't a random piece of trivia, this is something any third-grader would know and it's mind boggling that it went to air without anyone correcting it.

But some of this is stuff that Osborne or someone else should know. Recently in introducing THE LADY VANISHES as part of a night of films featuring trains, Osborne said "Now most people would think that the film we just showed, TWENTIETH CENTURY referred to a decade but it actually referred to a train."

Sorry, most people would think that a century refers to ten decades and that Twentieth Century refers to a specific one-hundred year span. This isn't a random piece of trivia, this is something any third-grader would know and it's mind boggling that it went to air without anyone correcting it.

Maybe the staffer has a SECOND grade education.

Wow, DGF! Gotta say I'm a bit surprised by that answer of yours here.

Yep, I would've thought tops of this list of yours would've been a certain young lady prone to saying with vocal fry, "That knocked my socks off"!

(...or were you just thinking somethin' like, "The celebs are always the last to go"???)

Maybe they can just cut out the budget for Drew's socks.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings