Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Where is the movie "The Scavenger Hunt"

Kusz

A movie that should've been out for years now or at least been shown by TCM for awhile is still under cover. Does anyone know why this movie has NOT been on TV or reproduced on the DVD format for everyone to enjoy. I would really love to get a hold of this movie. My family got to see it once back in England, and we were lucky enough to tape it on VHS format long ago. The tape was in the PAL format and therefore could not be watched here, and has since been destroyed, but it has us in stitches and we loved to watch it. It sure would be nice to have this in our selection of DVD's once again.

Not trying to be too picky, but if it's the 1979 comedy movie you're referring to it's simply titled "SCAVENGER HUNT".  The UK PAL/pre-certificated video release was on GUILD HOME VIDEO, I believe.  

The American/NTSC video release was on 'CBS/Fox Video'.  It was released twice.  The first U.S. video release was in 1983 in a large-sized, rectangular-shaped 'sliding-drawer'-type box.  Several years later (circa 1990) CBS/Fox released it again in a normal-sized video box with grey sides.  That's how I bought it in the mid-1990s.  The retail price of 'SCAVENGER HUNT' never dropped below $29.99 so it was a never a 'sell-thru' tape.  I had to 'special order' it from a video store cos they didn't keep any movies for sale on their shelves over $19.99.  At one point, SCAVENGER HUNT retailed for $59.99 and then was later reduced to $29.99.  I'm sure there were New copies of "Scavenger Hunt" sitting in warehouses for several years due to the higher price tag.  

To date, there has never been a legal DVD release of "Scavenger Hunt".  I think I've seen it some 20 times.  It bombed at the box office in '79, but it makes me laugh.   (James Coco says:  "She talks to toilets; she talks to pigs; the woman is deranged!")  

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings