Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pre-Code alert

braincady

Don't miss "Employees Entrance" Monday morning at 6am. Warren William stars (check out any pre-code with Warren William). He plays the director, more like "dictator," of a department store whose only interest in his employees is those he can lay off and those he can lay, period. It's Enron in 1933!

-Brian

Brian, sadly they used to show more pre-Codes than they do now. I download the schedule each month and scour it for movies I haven't seen.

I am glad to see your interest in Warren William. He is a true gem, and deserves to be recognized. My all time favorite movie of his would be EMPLOYEES ENTRANCE, but actually anything he does is good!

Talk about a pre-code movie check out The Front Page (1931). Anyone ever notice in that movie that there are a number of nude women photos on the walls of where the reporters gather? You even get some pretty good closeups of the photos, and trust me so see every inch of those ladies birthday suits. From what I saw from the photos the women of the 30's didn't have that great of grooming habits!

Speaking of "The Front Page" the lovely leading lady Mary Bryan who played Peggy Grant died in December at the age of 96. She also played the daughter of W.C. Fields in the hilarious "Man on the Flying Trapeze". She left the screen in 1947 and led the good life.

Oh....by the way Nick a little hair never hurt anyone.