Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Renting 1930s musicals

peterock12

Hello,

I've been renting online streaming movies from Amazon Instant Video a lot lately, and they seem to have a lot of titles. However, every time I search on one of the early classic musicals like Hollywood Revue of 1929, Broadway Melody of 1929, or The King of Jazz, they don't have them available.

Does anyone know where I can rent the classic musicals from the early era?

Thanks,

Pete

Hello,

I've been renting online streaming movies from Amazon Instant Video a lot lately, and they seem to have a lot of titles. However, every time I search on one of the early classic musicals like Hollywood Revue of 1929, Broadway Melody of 1929, or The King of Jazz, they don't have them available.

Thanks,

Pete

Netflix has Broadway Melody of 1929, but not streaming. Have you tried your local library?

Hello,

Thanks,

Pete

Broadway Melody is also on iTunes.

Hello,

Thanks,

Pete

Incidentally, arguably the most critically acclaimed '30s musical is LOVE ME TONIGHT (1932)

OK, thanks for the info. I found Broadway Melody on iTunes. But the other two, The King of Jazz, and The Hollywood Revue aren't listed either there or on Vudu. Are they not worth watching? I wonder what the reason is for not offering these classics. 

As for Love Me Tonight, I've heard it's awesome, but it's also unavailable to rent online, as far as I know. Maybe someone knows where I can go, or maybe they are available on Netflix, I haven't checked there yet since I'm not a member at the moment and I don't think they let you search if you haven't signed up.

Pete

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings