Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Missing Scenes

manderstoke

Did anyone watch HOTEL RESERVE a few days ago on TCM?  At least two scenes were missing that I am sure of.  One scene in which the police captain orders the Mason character to pretend that items have been stolen from his room is important to understand subsequent plot developments.  The other scene, where he hides in order to catch the spy is less crucial.  Anyway, I wondered if TCM got hold of a defective print or if the scenes were deliberately omitted in order for the film to fit a time slot.  Whatever the case, this not especially good Mason movie was made worse by these omissions.

Did anyone watch HOTEL RESERVE a few days ago on TCM? At least two scenes were missing that I am sure of. One scene in which the police captain orders the Mason character to pretend that items have been stolen from his room is important to understand subsequent plot developments. The other scene, where he hides in order to catch the spy is less crucial. Anyway, I wondered if TCM got hold of a defective print or if the scenes were deliberately omitted in order for the film to fit a time slot. Whatever the case, this not especially good Mason movie was made worse by these omissions.

As I understand, TCM cannot review the prints it gets.

The IMDb lists the film as having a 90 minute run time in the UK and 79 minutes in the US. The TCM schedule indicates that the channel aired the shorter version.

that is why I prefer the UK cut of William Cameron Menzies' Invaders From Mars with it's longer running time and the added scenes with Jimmy Hunt, Arthur Franz and Helena Carter shot for it's UK release to the shorter and inferior US version. :)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings