Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tarzan Drinking Game?

Has anyone ever noticed that Maureen O'Sullivan screams: "Tarzan, Tarzan" about 300 times in this film??  Lucky Maureen!  She barely has any other lines to remember.  So . . . the next time you watch this classic film, each time Maureen screams "Tarzan," have a drink on Maureen.

Any attempts to actually COUNT the times Miss O'Sullivan screams "Tarzan" and report it back to the list will be greatly appreciated.

Lydecker

Interesting idea. LOL

We used to do something like this in college with the song 'Roxanne' by the Police. Every time her name is sung, you take a sip.

There are 26 sips in this game. Of course, you can keep playing the song over and over. :)

• Like 1

Come to think of it, Jane does scream out "Tarzan" a lot doesn't she? Next time I watch this film, I'll try to count.  Unfortunately, I may not be able to complete the experiment, unless I'm drinking water or soda or something; because with that many alcoholic drinks, I'll either be hunched over the toilet or passed out before the movie ends.  Lol. 

In The Brady Bunch Movie (I know, I know), this game could probably be played with the number of times Carol says "Oh Mike." She says "oh mike" like 5 times in one conversation in part of the film.

• Like 1

Makes one wonder why Tarzan even let her hang around.  Had we been able to understand Tarzan's esoteric dialect I am sure we would have heard (after Jane's 27th "Tarzan!!")  -- "Jane you are just so needy. Give me a break."

Lydecker

Interesting idea. LOL

We used to do something like this in college with the song 'Roxanne' by the Police. Every time her name is sung, you take a sip.

There are 26 sips in this game. Of course, you can keep playing the song over and over. :)

The Bill Withers song "Ain't No Sunshine"  has him repeating "I know, I know, ... 26 times"  Try that game once.

• Like 2

Interesting idea. LOL

Hmmmm...well, tell ya what TB. Feel free to relive those days old college days of yours if ya want, and in the meantime..ahem.."I'll be watching you"!!! ;)

(...'cause basically, I'm just TOO damn old for drinking games at MY age anymore!!!) LOL

• Like 1

Has anyone ever noticed that Maureen O'Sullivan screams: "Tarzan, Tarzan" about 300 times in this film??  Lucky Maureen!  She barely has any other lines to remember.  So . . . the next time you watch this classic film, each time Maureen screams "Tarzan," have a drink on Maureen.

Any attempts to actually COUNT the times Miss O'Sullivan screams "Tarzan" and report it back to the list will be greatly appreciated.

Lydecker

Did Tarzan ever respond, "That's my name. Don't wear it out!"?

Did Tarzan ever respond, "That's my name. Don't wear it out!"?

Well, wouldn't he have ACTUALLY said: "That my name. Don't wear out!"

(...well, OTHER than if we're talkin' about Gordon Scott here, who as an college educated Tarzan spoke perfect English...though he WAS prone to split his infinitives occasionally!)

Well, wouldn't he have ACTUALLY said: "That my name. Don't wear out!"

(...well, OTHER than if we're talkin' about Gordon Scott here, who as an college educated Tarzan spoke perfect English...though he WAS prone to split his infinitives occasionally!)

Don't you just hate when that happens? Split infinitives drove Cheetah to distraction.  He was never the same chimp again.

Lydecker

• Like 2

Interesting idea. LOL

Ah, those were the days!  Come to think of it, next time you hear Mary Hopkin's "Those Were the Days", how many la-la-la-la-la-la's were in that one?

Come to think of it, Jane does scream out "Tarzan" a lot doesn't she? Next time I watch this film, I'll try to count.  Unfortunately, I may not be able to complete the experiment, unless I'm drinking water or soda or something; because with that many alcoholic drinks, I'll either be hunched over the toilet or passed out before the movie ends.  Lol. 

In The Brady Bunch Movie (I know, I know), this game could probably be played with the number of times Carol says "Oh Mike." She says "oh mike" like 5 times in one conversation in part of the film.

I thought the Brady Bunch Movie and A Very Brady Sequel were both well-done efforts.  Some of the scenes were side-splittingly funny (Greg and Marsha hooking up; Jan with the demonic voices in her head; RuPaul as the guidance counselor).  Even though he didn't look much like Robert Reed, Michael Cole sure did sound like him.

I thought the Brady Bunch Movie and A Very Brady Sequel were both well-done efforts.  Some of the scenes were side-splittingly funny (Greg and Marsha hooking up; Jan with the demonic voices in her head; RuPaul as the guidance counselor).  Even though he didn't look much like Robert Reed, Michael Cole sure did sound like him.

I enjoyed both as well.  I thought the first movie was a little better than the sequel; but both were entertaining.  The first one nailed satire perfectly.

Ah, the classic "Hi, Bob" drinking game backdated to the jungle!  Funny thing is, I always think of Bob Newhart and Johnny Weissmuller as being some similar :-)

You must've caught Johnny's act when he was doin' that whole telephone conversation routine TOO then, eh overeasy?!

Yeah, it usually started with him picking up the phone and then saying, "Tarzan say hello...What time share mean?....No, Tarzan no want free cruise to Bahamas. Tarzan only like here in Jungle. Tarzan hang up now. Tarzan no want you ever call back."

(...yep, not too many people remember this, ya know...nope, I'll bet you and I are the only two, alright!) ;)