Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

That's a nice car!

8 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Oh, SURE...............

I saw THE MAN WHO CHEATED HIMSELF yesterday too.  ;) Dall's character also had that "roofless" Nash model that LOIS LANE from the SUPERMAN series  also had.

Sepiatone

Lois actually drove a Nash Rambler.   While it was a Nash, most people referred to it as a Rambler.  It was Nash-Kelvinators' attempt to go to small (compact) cars.

1951 rambler custom landau

• Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Lois actually drove a Nash Rambler.   While it was a Nash, most people referred to it as a Rambler.  It was Nash-Kelvinators' attempt to go to small (compact) cars.

🎵 Beep beep, beep beep.

His horn went beep beep beep.🎵  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Dargo said:

🎵 Beep beep, beep beep.

His horn went beep beep beep.🎵  

Interesting history was that Nash and Hudson merged in '54 to create American Motors.  They made Nash and Hudson cars for a couple of years with each brand selling a badge engineered Rambler as well as the old big cars.  Then AMC just sold Ramblers, with a small one (American) and one or two somewhat larger models.

Just now, TheCid said:

Interesting history was that Nash and Hudson merged in '54 to create American Motors.  They made Nash and Hudson cars for a couple of years with each brand selling a badge engineered Rambler as well as the old big cars.  Then AMC just sold Ramblers, with a small one (American) and one or two somewhat larger models.

They also sold the imported Metropolitans under Nash and Hudson names and then just as Metropolitans under AMC.

Thanks for that technicality CID, but calling a Nash by it's model's name doesn't NOT make it a Nash.  Just like calling the '70's Mercury model a "Cougar" doesn't mean it isn't a Mercury.    I think it wasn't until NASH-KELVINATOR and HUDSON  merged in '54 that many of their cars started being referred to as RAMBLERS, for years afterwards, as I(in '72" had this model of a RAMBLER CLASSIC that crapped out by '73.  ;)   Mine was a two-door.

6 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Thanks for that technicality CID, but calling a Nash by it's model's name doesn't NOT make it a Nash.  Just like calling the '70's Mercury model a "Cougar" doesn't mean it isn't a Mercury.    I think it wasn't until NASH-KELVINATOR and HUDSON  merged in '54 that many of their cars started being referred to as RAMBLERS, for years afterwards, as I(in '72" had this model of a RAMBLER CLASSIC that crapped out by '73.  ;)   Mine was a two-door.

You are correct.  Sorry if I offended you.  Just pointing out a bit of automotive trivia in that many people then (and now) referred to the Ramblers just as Ramblers to separate them from the Nashes.

Actually, there was no offense taken.  ;)  And being a life-long Michigander  and having lived with past AMC CEO GEORGE ROMNEY as governor, ('63-'69)  we here are pretty much familiar with the products of the corporation.   And although they weren't bad cars essentially, that '63 Classic was a b*tch to work on.  The bell housing alone required three different gauges of sockets to remove.  :wacko:

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Has anyone here ever seen an Eshelman Sportabout? It's an adult car to be used on the road, but looks like a kiddie car.

I do know Eshelman made kiddie cars too. I bet many ended up on kiddie rides made by Allan Herschell Co

default.jpg?highlightTerms=carousel

• Like 2
3 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

Are you asking for a picture of a bell housing? 😉

I meant to ask if TheCid or anyone could post a pic of the Nash they were talking about.  I didn't see that my post wasn't below theirs.

Just in case, this is the typr Nash Rambler that Lois Lane drove in the Superman TV series.  Note the front license plate.  This may be a recent collector car copy of the one she drove.  For those who may not know, this is a convertible.  The "roof rails" were permanent metal.

• Like 1

my dad loved ramblers. it was his favorite car. once he bought for 300 dollars in a used car lot a white rambler station wagon.

to him the rambler was the everyman car.

Image result for amc rambler 1963

• 2 weeks later...

Although I was never sure just how to pronounce the name, I always thought these were pretty cool cars.  Seen many in movies over many years, and they mostly kept the basic look.....

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Although I was never sure just how to pronounce the name, I always thought these were pretty cool cars.  Seen many in movies over many years, and they mostly kept the basic look.....

Say it as it's spelled and you can't go far wrong.  Just ignore the dieresis.

21 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

The "Cadillac of France" as one owner called it.

• Thanks 1

Well, as CADILLAC is a French name to begin with(and incidentally, the name of the founder of Detroit),  ya gotta wonder if the Cadillac is the "Citroen of America".  :D 

Sepiatone

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...

1960 A  hand made "Golden Sahara II," built on a Ford chassis at a cost of $100,000,  on display at Valley Ford showrooms

00108445.jpg

It sports a 'pearl' finish of imported pulverized fish scales, 24-karat gold plate trim, white mink floor mats, TV set, voice control steering mechanism and gold-studded chest containing cocktail bar and ice cube unit."

aab100truckc11955b.jpg

aab100truckc1goldensaha.jpg

• Like 1
5 hours ago, slaytonf said:

Was it in a movie?

I doubt that it was slayton, however the custom Ford that CJ posted up there has reminded me quite a bit of the 1955 Lincoln Futura  prototype show car...

lincoln_futura_c.jpg

...which was featured quite heavily in the 1959 rom-com It Started with a Kiss which starred Glenn Ford and Debbie Reynolds...

i002349.jpg

(...and which as you may know would later be remade into the Batmobile by noted SoCal car customizer George Barris for the '60s TV series)

You anticipated all my questions about it.

But one thing occurs to me.  Why is it that no futuristic prototype cars ever look like the cars that actually get built later on?  The same is true for futuristic cars in movies.