Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

That's a nice car!

Just now, Moe Howard said:

Didn't I see that in Death Race 2000? Or was it Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry.....

Just now, Moe Howard said:

Didn't I see that in Death Race 2000? Or was it Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry.....

No. I think it was the movie where Dennis Weaver is trying to outrun a tractor trailer.

2 minutes ago, Janet0312 said:

No. I think it was the movie where Dennis Weaver is trying to outrun a tractor trailer.

Yes> It occurred to me, and it's close. That was the Plymouth version .

image.png.1296cbd78a98e6945cd6cdc23b341b93.png

6 minutes ago, Janet0312 said:

It's funny how a bunch of the cars looked the same, but had different names.  Plymouth Valiant perhaps?

It's Mopar. So Chrysler Dodge and Plymouth all probably had a version.  Supposed to be a 1971 Plymouth Valiant De Luxe.

4 minutes ago, Moe Howard said:

It's Mopar. So Chrysler Dodge and Plymouth all probably had a version.  Supposed to be a 1971 Plymouth Valiant De Luxe.

Never heard of a Valiant De Luxe. Must have been for the semi rich.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Dargo said:

I hear they'll do 0-60 in .00000003 seconds.

(...when the dilithium crystals are set in "sport" mode)

As far as a garbage scow can go. 

15 minutes ago, Janet0312 said:

Absolutely. In 1971 the choice for performance minded drivers was the Lamborghini Miura or the Valiant De Luxe. Obvious choice is the De Luxe.

Darts in movies:

It's a Mad . . . . .World (1965)

Palm Springs Weekend (1963)

Night of the Demons (1988)

Co-Ed Call Girl (1996)

Le Deuxieme Souffle (1966)

The Assassination of Richard Nixon (2004)

Coffy (1973)

The Brother From Another Planet (1974)

Silkwood (1983)

Y Tu Mamá Tambien (2001)

The Van (1977)

10 Things I Hate About You (1999)

Je Suis une Nymphomane (1971)

A Nightmare on Elm Street, Part 2:  Freedy's Revenge (1985)

The Black Godfather (1974)

Fireball 500 (1966)

This is not a Test (1962)

The Jerk (1979)

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Janet0312 said:

As far as a garbage scow can go. 

So, can you say this in the original Klingon language, Janet?  ;)

(...somethin's tellin' me you can)

18 hours ago, Janet0312 said:

My Dart. I drove this car daily. Got many comments on it. I'd be stopped at a light and people would yell over to me how they loved it and how they had one and also how you couldn't kill the engine as long as you fed it oil.

How I miss it. Had to get a Jeep for the winter travel tho...

The last time I drove her in the winter was when I almost smashed into a phone pole during a surprise snow squall. Many cars were off the road and I came around a corner. Was I scared for my own safety? Hell, no. All I could vision was a smashed grill. I made it tho. Phwew!

Dart 1973.JPG

My father had a 65 Dart and was so impressed with it that he "helped" my sister purchase a 67 Dart.  She drove it for a decade or more and well into six digit mileage - with minimal care.

17 hours ago, Janet0312 said:

Many cars going back to the 30's had different levels which are confusing.  Custom, DeLuxe, etc. for example.  The Plymouth Valiant and Dodge Dart were very similar Chrysler Corp. vehicles.  Got more similar as they aged and Chrysler looked to cut costs.

2 hours ago, ElCid said:

My father had a 65 Dart and was so impressed with it that he "helped" my sister purchase a 67 Dart.  She drove it for a decade or more and well into six digit mileage - with minimal care.

66 Dodge Dart Wagon for my Mom. Complete with hippy flower decals liberally placed. Slant six one of the best motors ever.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Moe Howard said:

Yep.  In  the late '70's there was the Dodge Omni and Plymouth Horizon, both built at the same Illinois assembly plant.  What was funny was a buddy of mine had one(a '78) that had the OMNI script on one side, but the HORIZON script on the other.  :D 

3 hours ago, ElCid said:

I had a '64 Dart.  That "slant 6" was able to take a lot of punishment.  More than the car's differential, which went flooey and was the reason I had to junk it.   I took a lot of ribbing about that push-button "shifter" on the dash.  Like friends asking if they should leave some change in the ashtray fro me to use in case I needed to change gears or whatever.  ;)   I owned it from Oct. '71 to March '72, and it never did look as nice as the one here-----

Sepiatone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

Yep.  In  the late '70's there was the Dodge Omni and Plymouth Horizon, both built at the same Illinois assembly plant.  What was funny was a buddy of mine had one(a '78) that had the OMNI script on one side, but the HORIZON script on the other.  :D 

I had a '64 Dart.  That "slant 6" was able to take a lot of punishment.  More than the car's differential, which went flooey and was the reason I had to junk it.   I took a lot of ribbing about that push-button "shifter" on the dash.  Like friends asking if they should leave some change in the ashtray fro me to use in case I needed to change gears or whatever.  ;)   I owned it from Oct. '71 to March '72, and it never did look as nice as the one here-----

Sepiatone

Oh, I got a lot of ribbing about the button on the floor that made high beams. 

• Like 1

Those engines were so easy to work on. I had to replace a water pump once and when you opened the hood, everything is right there. No pollution devices or contraptions. 

I wanted heart and soul to be a mechanic when I was a youth. A mechanic friend told me to forget it because eventually everything was going to be computerized. The man I was dating at the time had several brothers, all mechanics. It was a wonderful learning experience, since I used to play with my brother's plastic motor in the 60's. I lucked out too that when I have to bring my vehicle in for service, nobody can snowball me into a false set of "What's wrong with it?"

Stock photo

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Janet0312 said:

As I remember, most cars (at least American ones) had the floor button for high beams at that time.   I don't think I saw any headlight controls on a steering column until the 80s.

3 hours ago, Janet0312 said:

Error

Forgot the year, but prior to the compact Dodge Dart, the Dodge Dart was a full-size, but cheaper Dodge.  

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Janet0312 said:

My old '60 Ford Falcon had that feature.  But, for a long while I couldn't find the windshield washers until one night, when tapping my left foot hunting for the high beam button, hit another floor button that sent fluid squirting onto my windshield!  :D 

Sepiatone

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

My old '60 Ford Falcon had that feature.  But, for a long while I couldn't find the windshield washers until one night, when tapping my left foot hunting for the high beam button, hit another floor button that sent fluid squirting onto my windshield!  :D 

Sepiatone

My 71 Dodge Challenger had the floor button for the windshield wiper fluid.  Actually it was better because you could squirt a lot of water onto the windshield and then turn on the wipers.  You didn't drag the wipers across the dry, dirty windshield before the water started flowing. Also had some control over the amount of water based on hard you pressed the "button."

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Back in "the day" a product called "Liquid Glass" used to feature a small pic of this car on their containers.

Sepiatone

On 5/22/2021 at 12:05 PM, Sepiatone said:

Back in "the day" a product called "Liquid Glass" used to feature a small pic of this car on their containers.

That car has THE ugliest grille I've ever seen-the protruding hood & bumper makes it look like a sneer! I was passed down a '75 Dodge Dart for my first car but never got to drive it. I had heard a noise when home alone and while investigating, mistakingly shot through the dining room wall, hitting the Dart parked in the driveway. Eventually the frame rusted out.