Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

That's a nice car!

f7422d7d1b52ec2ec9120f9f9dfd6492.jpg                                                                                                                                       th?id=OIP.3KZGNd9fb9ILrjEPJGa_ZAHaFB&pid=Api&P=0&w=267&h=182                                                                                              hot-wheels-supernationals-ontario-tom-mongoose-mcewens-hot-wheels-picture-id165569235

On 3/20/2020 at 10:13 PM, Dargo said:

Re: "I doubt that it was slayton, however the custom Ford that CJ posted up there has reminded me quite a bit of the 1955 Lincoln Futura  prototype show car...

lincoln_futura_c.jpg

...which was featured quite heavily in the 1959 rom-com It Started with a Kiss which starred Glenn Ford and Debbie Reynolds..."

Was siftin' through this thread's earlier posts and was surprised that this Dionysian dandy didn't get more response - especially when considering its futura:

th?id=OIP.kzi6RuLIv8wembLU_NIiIwHaFk&pid=Api&P=0&w=214&h=162th?id=OIP.acy_uDGy7d8t2f5NhPSsuQHaFk&pid=Api&P=0&w=209&h=158th?id=OIP.hpYI-_wGGnksttdWRUfrIgHaFk&pid=Api&P=0&w=204&h=154

• Like 1
On 6/4/2021 at 11:32 AM, NoShear said:

f7422d7d1b52ec2ec9120f9f9dfd6492.jpg                                                                                                                                       th?id=OIP.3KZGNd9fb9ILrjEPJGa_ZAHaFB&pid=Api&P=0&w=267&h=182                                                                                              hot-wheels-supernationals-ontario-tom-mongoose-mcewens-hot-wheels-picture-id165569235

Powerful.  Loud.  Fast.  But not nice.

8 hours ago, NoShear said:

.+!#$LLUB

Didn't mean to upset you, but here's from my op:

So there you are, blithely watching something--a movie, or TV show, or something, all unsuspecting, and someone drives up, and gets out, and--wait a minute. . . .you can't help saying to yourself:  That's a nice car!:

ac42my.3228.jpg

Now, that's nice.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, slaytonf said:

Didn't mean to upset you, but here's from my op:

So there you are, blithely watching something--a movie, or TV show, or something, all unsuspecting, and someone drives up, and gets out, and--wait a minute. . . .you can't help saying to yourself:  That's a nice car!:

ac42my.3228.jpg

Now, that's nice.

Sorry for snapping back like that.  While I acknowledge that I was stretchin' the chutes on your Topic here with the entry, I was partially referencing the 2013 movie;otherwise, I would not have pushed 'em up to the line.

mongoose.jpg 

3 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

I long time did like this '55 Sunbeam Alpine in this flick.  ;) 

Whitefang

Nice! Bond preferred the V-8 Tiger version.

articolo-76786.jpg

• Like 2

My gal Stef and the car designed by master custom car builder Gene Winfield named the "Piranha" and which was featured in the TV series The Man (and The Girl) from U.N.C.L.E.:

cbb7714830db62ce57b32c95eddf953a.jpg

300fc1af31e86b3a1b65069228300042.jpg

(...I'd guess John DeLorean might've seen this car at one time and before he started out on his own little venture)

• Like 4
9 hours ago, NoShear said:

Sorry for snapping back like that.  While I acknowledge that I was stretchin' the chutes on your Topic here with the entry, I was partially referencing the 2013 movie;otherwise, I would not have pushed 'em up to the line.

Threads get stretched every which way here.  That's fine with me, 'cause it increases the post count and keeps the thread going.  And you did have a movie angle, so you get points for that.  I'll just mark that down here. . . .

• Like 1
22 hours ago, NoShear said:

mongoose.jpg 

Prefer the real thing m'self.

Sepiatone

1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

Prefer the real thing m'self.

Sepiatone

The same is true for me:

th?id=OIP.sxhG3DckshP3p_zG4e_ATwAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=250&h=138

(MATTEL was significant in the expansion of the dynamic duo's success.)

1965 Autobianchi Bianchnia in How to Steal A Million (1966):

i010508.jpg

Pinch-its-cheek-adorable, but nice?

Maybe I should start a That's a Cute Car! thread.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, slaytonf said:

i010508.jpg

Where do you put the wind up key in?

• Haha 1
44 minutes ago, slaytonf said:

i010508.jpg

The counterpart in the movie is 1965 Jaguar E-Type (4.2)

xskz87v.jpg

I am not sure that: 'nice' is a sufficient description of it.

• Thanks 1

Oh, nice sure is.  But I've posted the E-type (The Most Beautiful Car Ever in the World) a couple of times in this thread, so I felt hesitant about mentioning it.  But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see others post it.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/24/2018 at 12:18 AM, MovieCollectorOH said:

Re:

rectrans-discoverer-3.jpg.cfb83c7097481b70cfd31b6a5e458159.jpg

Speaking of June Ellen's DONUTS in the context of film, the establishment's space eventually was occupied by a BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO at one time.     

11856210.jpg

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, NoShear said:

Speaking of June Ellen's DONUTS in the context of film, the establishment's space eventually was occupied by a BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO at one time.              11856210.jpg

The best pictures I've seen of Van Nuys Boulevard cruising - LA Observed

(...btw NS...down in my neck of the L.A. woods back then, the South Bay, the cruise scene was up and down Hawthorne Blvd)