Where the Boys Are (1960)

Performance (1970)

Le Petite Soldat (1963)

Le Fille Coupé en Deux (2007)--Yikes!

The Collector (1965)

Coogan's Run (1995)

• Like 3
8 hours ago, JonnyNoir said:

. . . managed to duck a cop who made a u-turn as soon as he passed me and saw my expired inspection sticker.

Nothing wrong with the Bugeye. Bet you wish you still had it.

But . . are you sure that cop wasn't making a U turn because he overshot the donut drive-thru ? I've ditched some cops in my day, but I'm betting every single one would have had me if I was driving that car.

• Like 1

The 3000 is the holy grail of those British roadsters, but I cant decide on a runner up. Gotta be either the TR3 or the GT6. 

TR3 in MOTORCYLE GANG 1994

i001088287.jpg

motorcyclegang1994avi_002683992.jpg

GT6 Been in lots of stuff, mostly as an extra. 

1971_Triumph_GT6_MkIII_Signal_Red_32_002

Auction-Block-1969-Triumph-GT6-2.jpg

• Like 1

Tuesday, Aug. 03, 11:30 AM - Kiss Me Stupid.   Star of the show is Dean Martin's Dual-Ghia.  He actually owned one as did other Rat Pack members.  According to Wikipedia this is his in the movie.   I believe Peter Lawford also owned one which he used for the opening credits of his The Thin Man TV series.  Or maybe he borrowed it.  Based on a Dodge, but body crafted in Italy by Ghia.  I actually saw one of these at a car show several years ago.  It was one of many nice cars owned by the owner of several automobile dealerships.

At 11:15 PM you can see Jimmy Stewart in his De Soto Firedome in Vertigo.

1957 Dual-Ghia Convertible

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Tuesday, Aug. 03, 11:30 AM - Kiss Me Stupid.   Star of the show is Dean Martin's Dual-Ghia.  He actually owned one as did other Rat Pack members.  According to Wikipedia this is his in the movie.   I believe Peter Lawford also owned one which he used for the opening credits of his The Thin Man TV series.  Or maybe he borrowed it.  Based on a Dodge, but body crafted in Italy by Ghia.  I actually saw one of these at a car show several years ago.  It was one of many nice cars owned by the owner of several automobile dealerships.

Ghia...Pininfarina...Bertone...Zagato...ItalDesign......

(...yep, them there eye-talian design houses suuuuure know how to style some mighty nice lookin' car bodies, don't they)

• Like 1

OH, and btw...

27 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Ghia...Pininfarina...Bertone...Zagato...ItalDesign......

(...yep, them there eye-talian design houses suuuuure know how to style some mighty nice lookin' car bodies, don't they)

And btw, one of the key reasons I recently purchased one of these newer Fiat 124 Abarth Spiders and exactly like THIS one here...

iris?client=fcaus&market=U&brand=X&vehic

...instead of a Mazda Miata, and which share the same chassis.

(...and because "them there eye-talians" who styled this car just seem to design better lookin' cars than the Japanese do in general. and 'cause the Japanese for some reason tend to over-style their cars by putting WAY too many design elements on theirs and thus needlessly cluttering up the look of them)

• Like 1
8 hours ago, ElCid said:

For a short time I worked for a guy who owned one exactly like this. In fact it probably is this one, there can't be many of these running around Hollywood. He used to loan it out to different productions. ICMDB says it was in Beverly Hills Cop 2, pretty sure it was in other stuff too.

i073796.jpg

• Like 2
8 hours ago, slaytonf said:

Nice, but what movie was it in?

It was in Fellini's Ah, You Car'a Is'a Molto Bene 

(...starring Mario Mastroianni...Marcello's little remembered younger brother...and which of course can also be said of this particular Fellini flick too)

• Haha 1

This isn't a movie car per se but if it's provence is true it should be appropriate here.

Whilst looking through my version of the Monkey Ward wishbook, ClassicCars.com, I happened upon a very interesting listing for a '41 Lincoln Continental.

1404997338_11851656-1941-lincoln-continental-thumb(1).jpg.4cc7598176297df320da18dc989ffc53.jpg

11851662-1941-lincoln-continental-thumb.jpg.eb073fcf667cac09eef874ba480f2021.jpg11851659-1941-lincoln-continental-thumb.jpg.ed9b569c28de0faf37df41b809416784.jpg

In the sellers description he says that the previous owner, upon acquiring the vehicle went to title it and was sent to the Massachusetts State Police. There he supposedly was informed that the car had been stolen years before from none other than Rita Hayworth!

But wait, there's more!

Not only did the Linc belong to lovely Rita, it was a gift to Miss Hayworth from Henry Ford himself! He personally presented this automobile to her in her favorite color, lavender. As you can see in the photos, somewhere along the line it was painted a god awful green. The previous owner is supposed to have restored the car but it sounds more like a restomod to me since it's still that nasty bland green and he replaced the wheels with '56 Chrysler Imperial wire wheels  and the engine with a...'55 324 Olds Rocket engine. 😶11851640-1941-lincoln-continental-thumb.jpg.66d727bb9baa6c2cab90be54a1245d58.jpg

The provence of this one is more than a little dubious but even if it's not entirely true it's a great story to be able to tell as you're styling around town. If it is true though and you took the time to restore it to Rita's original gift condition?

... y'know 🤔...at under thirty grand and the opportunity to have a piece of cinematic history or a helluva good tall tale to tell... this might just be in ol' Ed's price range. Wouldn't be in Bride of Ed's price range but easier to ask forgiveness than permission 🤓

• Like 2

First, the 41 Lincoln Continental was in the movies. It was what Sonny Corleone drove to the toll booth in The Godfather.

Second, it's interesting indeed. A quick look see reveals a few things. This pic with the Georgia plate appears to be the correct car. 

d7a05c267177208d1e16e5ca8989a45c.jpg

It matches the pic below posted with a story from The Hollywood Garage Aug 2019 that offers more of the story.

"Rita Hayworth's 1941 Lincoln Continental. Hayworth owned this car for about 30 years before giving it to her secretary, Frita Wolfe. It is believed that the car was a gift from Orson Welles (they would marry in 1943). In 1972, Wolfe sold the Lincoln to Aspen Pittman for $2000. At that time it had a 1955 Cadillac engine in it. Aspen, who passed away earlier this month, sold the car to finance his new business, Groove Tubes (it became very successful). At some point, it became part of the Art Astor collection which auctioned the car in 2008 for $209,000. It was offered again in 2011 and 2015 through RM Sotheby's but failed to hit reserve. We believe it is still for sale-" 

69272508_2445932628831044_27979431434654

But there's also this pic supposedly taken by a fan with a Cal plate then another with the same plate at a scrape drive where her bumpers were removed.

tumblr_m6hxpkXRJz1r0rezxo1_540.jpg895px-%22Harvesting_bumper_crop_for_Uncl

EDIT~ Here's the listing from Sotheby's, even more interesting info.

"This remarkable 1941 Lincoln Continental Coupe is believed to have been owned by Rita Hayworth, the beautiful Hollywood actress and dancer. In the 1940s, she was married to Academy Award-winning screen legend Orson Welles, who gained fame for such iconic films as Citizen Kane.

Jim and Cheryl Farrell, who co-authored Ford Design Department: Concept & Showcars, researched the story of Hayworth’s Lincoln and uncovered the following. Welles and Hayworth were likely involved romantically before the fall of 1941, and while she was on location in Georgia, records indicate a green Continental with green leather and whipcord interior was shipped to Atlanta. The December 1941 issue of Ford News contained a photo of her, standing next to precisely such a Lincoln with Georgia license plates (the same number H127443’s license plate has today), even though the house in the background seems to resemble her home in California. The Farrells also reference Mr. Jim Cubbison, an LCOC member, who spent summers in the 1940s at Lake Arrowhead, where he saw Welles and Hayworth there with such a car.

The next evidentiary item is a photo taken in 1942 of Hayworth sitting on the front fender of her car, promoting a wartime scrap drive. Carrying 1942 California plates, the car is of the correct 1941-model year. Regardless of the photography and all the mystery, Miss Hayworth is believed to have driven her Continental for about 30 years.

According to more recent research, it is believed the next owner of Hayworth’s Lincoln was her personal secretary, from whom it was acquired by an independent collector who sold it years later and lost track of it. In 2008, he was given the opportunity to inspect the car offered here and, although several elements proved incompatible with the aforementioned secretary’s car, numerous other details corroborated the two cars’ stories, including the fact that both eventually came out of Nevada and were formerly fitted with different engines with the same mounting points.

Regardless of whether this is the same car, we do know that the car depicted on these pages was acquired in the late 1980s by Ed and Kit McCormick. A thorough restoration was commenced before they sold the car to Mr. Art Astor in 1990, who used its engine for his own 1941 Continental Cabriolet. This particular Continental, however, was then fitted with another V-12 engine and in 2000, Mr. Astor commissioned a restoration by Bob Baldwin of Sunset Ford.

Chris Kidd’s Tired Iron Works of Monrovia, California further sorted the car by converting the electrics to 12 volts, flushing out the fuel lines and tank and rebuilding the carburetor and steering column. Today, the car still presents well and it would be an excellent example to drive and enjoy.

So, was the car offered here owned by Rita Hayworth and is it the same car purchased years ago from her personal secretary? Although there currently is no conclusive documentation to prove the matter beyond the shadow of a doubt, there is also no other Paradise Green ’41 Continental Coupe on the market with quite as convincing a provenance."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
18 hours ago, Sukhov said:

1950 Hudson Pacemaker in Variety Lights

i265695.jpg

Thanks for posting this, Sukhov! Have always liked Hudsons, and so of course always thought that when Disney included a cartoon version of one voiced by Paul Newman in their Cars movie, that that was especially cool.

(...btw, and another reason I thank you here for posting this was that I was previously unaware that Hudson even made this Pacemaker model, and so after checking out this model's existence on the internet, I found it was a shorten version of their better known Hornet model which actually redated the Hornet by a year, and so I've learned something today)

18 hours ago, Moe Howard said:

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?  1962 Ford Country Squire. Yeah. Now it's nice!

fbMMwYx.png\

Gv_DFBmhxru2wZZK5QxM8pBf-9ThU6sFcIDaEPlwcRHllQgN1lBG1YmrQBs3N3pZtokM6JBNe9h63pJI

s-l1600.jpg17491134-1962-ford-country-squire-thumb.

Yeah it's cool with it's surfboard on top  but did Rita Hayworth own it? I think not 😤

😂😉

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, Moe Howard said:

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?  1962 Ford Country Squire. Yeah. Now it's nice!

fbMMwYx.png\

Gv_DFBmhxru2wZZK5QxM8pBf-9ThU6sFcIDaEPlwcRHllQgN1lBG1YmrQBs3N3pZtokM6JBNe9h63pJI

s-l1600.jpg17491134-1962-ford-country-squire-thumb.

Nice lookin' I guess, but ya know here Moe, THE nicest lookin' station wagons of all time were the 1955-57 Chevy Nomads...

tri5_1957_nomad_108.ashx?modified=201901

(...and btw slayton...sorry, but surprisingly the IMCDB website shows absolutely none of these cars ever being in a movie...kind'a shocking, wouldn't ya say?)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Moe Howard said:

Not a movie. This was in MacGyver.

This one was in Sin City 2005

i009390.jpg

Thanks for the assist here, Moe. Somehow I didn't run across these cars in the IMDb's car website.

And now for a question about the little custom "blue dot" touch applied to the Sin City Nomad's taillight here. Do you have any idea how those little blue dot inserts became such a phenomenon among gearheads who were/are into cars primarily made during the '50s?

(...'cause I've never been able to figure this out)

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Dargo said:

i009390.jpg

Thanks for the assist here, Moe. Somehow I didn't run across these cars in the IMDb's car website.

And now for a question about the little custom "blue dot" touch applied to the Sin City Nomad's taillight here. Do you have any idea how those little blue dot inserts became such a phenomenon among gearheads who were/are into cars primarily made during the '50s?

(...'cause I've never been able to figure this out)

There's much speculation about alleged benefits in optics so there's one theory, some say "cuz it looks cool", one post claims doctors had them as a heads up to cops so they wouldn't be pulled over for speeding to the hospital. 

If I had to guess why, I'd say most gear heads are bad boys at heart and if the law is fenders and silent cars, first thing we'll do is remove the fenders and mufflers. Plus red and blue make purple, and chicks dig purple so. . . 

There IS something vaguely familiar and attractive about them. I just can't quite put my finger on it. . . 

s-l400.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
19 hours ago, Dargo said:

Nice lookin' I guess, but ya know here Moe, THE nicest lookin' station wagons of all time were the 1955-57 Chevy Nomads...

tri5_1957_nomad_108.ashx?modified=201901

(...and btw slayton...sorry, but surprisingly the IMCDB website shows absolutely none of these cars ever being in a movie...kind'a shocking, wouldn't ya say?)

Growing up my uncle had a turquoise '57 Chevy Bel Air sedan and it seems it was darker than the above.  We had a '57 four door Chevy 210 sedan in light blue like the one Moe posted.  Learned to drive on the '57.  However, I was not impressed with it or other Chevys back then and still not.

33 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Growing up my uncle had a turquoise '57 Chevy Bel Air sedan and it seems it was darker than the above.  We had a '57 four door Chevy 210 sedan in light blue like the one Moe posted.  Learned to drive on the '57.  However, I was not impressed with it or other Chevys back then and still not.

The family's first second car was a 1958 two-tone four-door Biscayne, bought in 1970 used and well-battered by a friend of the family's eldest son.  One door was inoperable.  I hated riding in that car.  My dad drove it to work; he kept it for just a year or two and then sold it to my cousin.  Apparently it died on the freeways of Houston sometime in the mid 70s.

It had this paint job:

Flickr - DVS1mn - 58 Chevrolet Biscayne (1).jpg

2 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

he family's first second car was a 1958 two-tone four-door Biscayne, bought in 1970 used

33 minutes ago, slaytonf said:

I suppose you wore saddle shoes when you rode in it.

Tex said this was in 1970 remember, slayton. And so he was probably sportin' Huarache sandals on those feet of his instead.  ;)

And coincidentally here Tex, our family's SECOND second car (and after it being a 1953 Studebaker Champion 4-door sedan for many years) was also a two-tone turquoise and white '58 Chevy Bel Air four door hardtop (no B-pilar post) and similar to this one I found on the internet here...

YM=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Pop had run across it back in 1968 (I remember it being exactly ten years ago at the time) and brought it for my Mom as her daily driver. Its 283 small-block ran great but it needed its paint refreshened and some interior work, and so I remember them both working to make it look like new, with an Earl Scheib paint job in all its original colors, and my mom actually cut and fitted the new carpeting.

Sad ending though. After owning it for just a couple of months and after it was all fixed up, Pop had taken it to the local bowling alley one night, and when he walked out to drive home, yep, some SOB had stolen it.

(...and so then our family's THIRD second car would soon be a nice slightly used dark blue '67 VW Beetle)