Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

That's a nice car!

slaytonf

A neighbor of ours when I was a kid had one of those Fords in blue.   Mr. Demganovic.   Every so often he'd pay me and a couple buddies to take Brillo pads to it's whitewalls. 

Sepiatone

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 4:08 PM, Dargo said:

Re: "Gotta say I don't remember any of the gas station attendants from yesteryear ever being shapely young lasses like this one here, NS.

Nope, in my neck of the woods they were either craggy older dudes or high school boys.

And in fact, it seems to me by the early-'70s, most gas stations, and especially in California, had converted to being of the self-service variety, and thus making this job pretty much a quaint relic of days past. and never again to hear the ring of the bell as your tires would run over that pneumatic hose which would activate it.

(...I do know though that some states back east still have attendants by force of their state laws...I think New Jersey is one of them)"

A recent return to the SFValley yielded discovery that the aforementioned Mobil th?id=OIP.Fb9d7QjneFL84FIMeId6HAHaE1&pid=Api&P=0&w=286&h=186 is still there, Dargo, and I got to thinking how attractive androids could supplant its impersonal self-service or, better still, return to hiring the gas gals. As to security in the evening, there's this line of B7s available:   

image-w1280.jpg 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 10:18 AM, Sepiatone said:

But still not sure what was in that ENTRESTO commercial.  :(

Sepiatone

Turns out it's a 1959 Borgward Isabella.  Must be somewhat modified though. The grill is different and the top of the wind shield appears to have retained a portion of the roof for a convertible conversion. 

cs210604_Entresto_0q5w640.jpg

IMCDB has lots of images. Here's a 1958...

i001222458.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wbogacz said:

I'm thinking Downhill Racer with Robert Redford.

AND...Camilla Sparv...

MV5BNjVhZTE0M2ItMWQwNy00ZmQ0LWJhZDktODkz

OH yeah! Lets not forget HER in this one, shall we?!...

s.jpg

(...I certainly never have, anyway)

• Haha 1

1956 DeSoto Fireflite Convertible, in Touch of Evil

i182030.jpg

(...hope this one isn't a "rerun" here, although I would think it might be...sure ain't goin' back through all 49 pages of this thread to find out, though)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dargo said:

AND...Camilla Sparv...

MV5BNjVhZTE0M2ItMWQwNy00ZmQ0LWJhZDktODkz

OH yeah! Lets not forget HER in this one, shall we?!...

s.jpg

(...I certainly never have, anyway)

"That's not your style, is it,...?" - Dabney Coleman

Camilla Sparv seems to have drawn you off your regular course, Dargo: She's lighter looking than your typical gal!

8 minutes ago, rjbartrop said:

Lincoln Futura concept car in "It Started With a Kiss"
StartedKiss00040.jpg

StartedKiss00006.jpg

Ah yes! The time that gala party was thrown in the Bat Cave!  

I'm sure you caught the joke here, right RJ?!  ;)

(...but if not, it was the Futura that custom car builder George Barris used to create the Batmobile for the '60s TV series)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NoShear said:

Camilla Sparv seems to have drawn you off your regular course, Dargo: She's lighter looking than your typical gal!

"Lighter looking"?

Not sure I know what you mean here, NS?

3 minutes ago, NoShear said:

Fair hair;light-colored eyes

Aah! Yes, perhaps not the raven-haired beauties I usually go for, anyway.

(...but with that being said, I still vividly recall being struck by her beauty when I watched Downhill Racer back when the film was first released)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dargo said:

Ah yes! The time that gala party was thrown in the Bat Cave!  

I'm sure you caught the joke here, right RJ?!  ;)

(...but if not, it was the Futura that custom car builder George Barris used to create the Batmobile for the '60s TV series)

Oh yes, the resemblance in unmistakable  I wanted to see if anyone else got it.

• Like 1