• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

That's a nice car!

slaytonf

15 hours ago, Dargo said:

1956 DeSoto Fireflite Convertible, in Touch of Evil

i182030.jpg

(...hope this one isn't a "rerun" here, although I would think it might be...sure ain't goin' back through all 49 pages of this thread to find out, though)

Thanks.  One of my favorite cars.

John Sarti, er, Surtees seen chasing Jackie Stoddard, er, Stewart at the 1966 Dutch Grand Prix:

u-g-Q10VZDW0.jpg?w=550&h=550&p=0  

• Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 11:07 PM, Dargo said:

1956 DeSoto Fireflite Convertible, in Touch of Evil

i182030.jpg

(...hope this one isn't a "rerun" here, although I would think it might be...sure ain't goin' back through all 49 pages of this thread to find out, though)

Wow.  What a difference a year makes, eh?

I spent a good part of my '67 summer vacation helping a buddy of mine give an old '55 what must have been 40-50 pounds of Bondo around all four wheel wells.  And filling in the little holes in the side in a "dechroming" treatment.  Looked real good. He was going to get it painted by summer's end but a half week after we got the Bondo job done the jerkwad got drunk and ran it into a fireplug.  :angry:

Sepiatone

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Wow.  What a difference a year makes, eh?

I spent a good part of my '67 summer vacation helping a buddy of mine give an old '55 what must have been 40-50 pounds of Bondo around all four wheel wells.  And filling in the little holes in the side in a "dechroming" treatment.  Looked real good. He was going to get it painted by summer's end but a half week after we got the Bondo job done the jerkwad got drunk and ran it into a fireplug.  :angry:

The attractive woman in this old DeSoto commercial looks quite a bit like Jean Hagen, don't ya think?

jean_hagen.jpg

(...I'm pretty sure it isn't her, though)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Either way, she sure don't look likeTHIS DeSoto driver!  ;) 

Sepiatone

The '57 DeSoto that Groucho is hawking in this video, was always my favorite of all of Virgil Exner's "Forward Look" MOPAR cars.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NoShear said:

John Sarti, er, Surtees seen chasing Jackie Stoddard, er, Stewart at the 1966 Dutch Grand Prix:

u-g-Q10VZDW0.jpg?w=550&h=550&p=0  

Movie?

2 hours ago, Dargo said:

The '57 DeSoto that Groucho is hawking in this video, was always my favorite of all of Virgil Exner's "Forward Look" MOPAR cars.

I prefer the '58 or '59, but unfortunately all of the Forward Look Chrysler Corp. cars were prone to rust and assembly problems.

20 hours ago, ElCid said:

I prefer the '58 or '59, but unfortunately all of the Forward Look Chrysler Corp. cars were prone to rust and assembly problems.

And too bad that "forward look" didn't help them look forward enough to see 1961 would be the brand's  last year.  

Sepiatone

• Haha 1

Please help!

This is the: OSI Silver Fox. It is a concept vehicle built in 1967:

OSI_Silver_Fox_1.jpg

I am quite sure that I have seen this vehicle in a movie. It may be possible that what I saw was a design inspiration which this vehicle closely mimics or a later vehicle which closely mimics it but I lean to it being this exact vehicle.

I am sad to say that I can find no reference to it being used in a movie. Even: imcdb.org does not list it.

My memory is that two characters were standing on the sidewalk. A third character pulls up on the opposite side of the street in this vehicle, gets, out and joins them. I do not remember it being in any other scene. It was not outlandish for the setting. It was the type of vehicle one would expect in that time/place.

Does any person here recognize it or can any point me to the movie?

58 minutes ago, SansFin said:

Please help!

This is the: OSI Silver Fox. It is a concept vehicle built in 1967:

OSI_Silver_Fox_1.jpg

I am quite sure that I have seen this vehicle in a movie. It may be possible that what I saw was a design inspiration which this vehicle closely mimics or a later vehicle which closely mimics it but I lean to it being this exact vehicle.

I am sad to say that I can find no reference to it being used in a movie. Even: imcdb.org does not list it.

My memory is that two characters were standing on the sidewalk. A third character pulls up on the opposite side of the street in this vehicle, gets, out and joins them. I do not remember it being in any other scene. It was not outlandish for the setting. It was the type of vehicle one would expect in that time/place.

Does any person here recognize it or can any point me to the movie?

Oh yeah, Sans! I believe THAT car was in a flick titled...wait for it...Split Personality !

(...sorry, couldn't resist...wish I could really help ya on this, though)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Okay, and now for one more I just can't resist postin' here...

The Day the Hobie Cat met the Lotus 17

(...okay, I think I'm done now...maybe)

• Like 1

NOPE, seems I've got one more to share here after all. 

Could this car have appeared in...

Divorce Detroit Style  ?

(...okay, NOW I think I'm done here)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dargo said:

Oh yeah, Sans! I believe THAT car was in a flick titled...wait for it...Split Personality !

(...sorry, couldn't resist...wish I could really help ya on this, though)

MATTEL designers spent their share of time on the proverbial couch:

th?id=OIP.VhMLYVPnwuMKNw4pKdDz7AHaG3&pid=Api&P=0&w=190&h=176

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dargo said:

(...sorry, couldn't resist...

I am sorry to say that I seriously doubt your word. It is quite unimaginable that you would know if you could have resisted because resisting a pun is an alien concept to you.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SansFin said:

I am sorry to say that I seriously doubt your word. It is quite unimaginable that you would know if you could have resisted because resisting a pun is an alien concept to you.  

Yes, I suppose that's true, Sans.

Ya know, you're VERY observant...for an Earthling.

(...AND thus proving your point once AGAIN here, huh!)  ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dargo said:

Yes, I suppose that's true, Sans.

Ya know, you're VERY observant...for an Earthling.

(...AND thus proving your point once AGAIN here, huh!)  ;)

I have never admitted to being an Earthling. I live in my own little world. It is nice. They know me here.

PS: I have posted a picture for you in thread: "Funny Stuff" in: "Off Topic Chit Chat" forum. I remember that I owe you such a picture. I do not remember why.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...