Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movie restorations and IMAX

JRHatshepsut

I have been a classic movie buff since I was a kid. Thanks to my parents, and my maternal grandmother, I can't get enough!  :wub:

I have been in chats where i have made a good suggestions, especially to some people out in California that have friends in the movie industry. They also think this is a great idea!

Take the movies that were filmed in Cinemascope, and other such mediums, ie: Ten Commandments, How the West Was Won, Ben-Hur, and many others, and have them restored for IMAX.

I would gladly pay to see them on those big screens! And imagine how much they could bring in for more movies to be preserved and restored. I'm sure many others would gladly see these movies as they were meant to be shown.

Watching them on TV is one thing, in the theaters, quite different.

Not such a great idea, entirely.  For films done in VistaVision (THE TEN COMMANDMENTS) it would be good, since IMAX is really ust a 70MM VistaVision format; but for widescreen films done in Cinemascope, SuperPanavision 70, Todd-AO, etc., they would either have to show the films letterboxed, or crop them on both sides. Or both! IMAX is high, not wide.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings