Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Carnival of Souls

NipkowDisc

watched it this afternoon and was impressed with what a modest understated little horror film it is. a somber slice of early 1960s low-budget cinema americana. Candace Hilligoss was hot too. she plays her character with a very low-key detached demeanor.
And what poetic irony too. she plays a young woman with exceptional skill as an organist and yet she is quiet and uninterested in interacting with her fellow humanity, but all that changes when she starts drifting in and out of her surroundings and not being able to hear or be heard. soon the lack of human contact that she had always avoided suddenly becomes very precious to her but of course it is now too late. Fate allowed her to return so she could learn to appreciate what it was now too late for her to ever know. I also recognized her car as a die-cast toy car I have, the 1960 chevrolet impala. :)

I had seen it on tv a few times and was not impressed but when I got it as part as a cheap horror dvd set I found it intriguing- but the print was horrible.  The Criterion edition is a must for fans. It's one of those horror movies that feels like a nightmare.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings