Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Interesting new interview with Robert Osborne

Barton_Keyes

Here's something interesting I've recently stumbled across:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A62TiclPrIg

This is a YouTube link to an interview Robert Osborne did a few weeks ago on comedian Gilbert Gottfried's podcast. I've always thought Gottfried was a lame comic with an incredibly annoying voice, but here he proves himself to be a shockingly gifted interviewer and Robert Osborne is likewise surprisingly candid.  

This is a YouTube link to an interview Robert Osborne did a few weeks ago on comedian Gilbert Gottfried's podcast. I've always thought Gottfried was a lame comic with an incredibly annoying voice, but here he proves himself to be a shockingly gifted interviewer and Robert Osborne is likewise surprisingly candid.  

Thanks for the link. That was a very interesting interview.

I assume that in the interview he also has the same "incredibly annoying" voice.

Only a very scaled-down version. Like Fran Drescher, the incredibly annoying voice is a put-on.

In other words, they strategize that if they can sound as annoying as possible, they will build up a legion of fans?  If that were true, June Allyson would have far surpassed either of the Hepburns.

That was actually...somewhat pleasant to listen to, and Gottfried seems very well-informed. Interesting. I suppose one never knows the full extent to which people market a persona versus who they really are. People probably wouldn't find him so annoying if he showed this side of himself more. I notice how he introduced the podcast in his usual, "expected" comedian voice, and then segues into what I'm assuming is his normal voice. I still don't care for him, though, he just irks me. Robert Osborne also has this knack for bringing out the other, more relatable sides of people when he talks to them, whether he's the interviewer or the interviewee.

That was actually...pleasant to listen to, and Gottfried seems very well-informed. Interesting. I suppose one never knows the full extent to which people market a persona versus who they really are. People probably wouldn't find him so annoying if he showed this side of himself more. I notice how he introduced the podcast in his usual, "expected" comedian voice, and then segues into what I'm assuming is his normal voice. Robert Osborne also has this knack for bringing out the other, more relatable sides of people when he talks to them, whether he's the interviewer or the interviewee.

Maybe RO can bring out the human side of Charles Manson.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings