Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

previous music for the opener of Silent Sunday Night-composer

Ric

If anyone knows the composer to the previous opener to Silent Sunday Night please let me know.  I once heard it was Carl Davis but have been unable to find out although I have asked TCM several times in the past and never got a answer. Please sent me a email at parrentr@yahoo.com  and share the name of the composer who with the violin and it's soaring last note seem to touch us personally and leave us anxious for what was coming next with the start of the film.

The theme was composed for TCM's Silent Sunday Nights by Glen Daum ~ according to the Southern Illinois University website, "(h)is arrangements have been played by ensembles ranging from the Count Basie Orchestra to the Boston Pops Orchestra. His television credits include news programs (“ABC World News Tonight,” “CNN Headline News” and “Face the Nation”), daytime dramas (“All My Children” and “General Hospital”) and Turner Classic Movies. He also specializes in film and animation assignments, having won two Emmy Awards for his work on “Sesame Street,” an acclaimed children’s program. Daum’s son and daughter both live in Los Angeles. Daum, who received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees in music from Southern in 1962 and 1964, respectively, is a member of the SIU Alumni Association.

You can also check the following website for a thread on Glen Daum's connection to the theme:

http://help.lockergnome.com/movies/TCM-Sunday-Night-Theme--ftopict19163.html

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings