Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TomJH

SHOCK TV - MAN TO BE EATEN BY AN ANACONDA

Once upon a time I thought of the Discovery Channel as a "classy" channel.

Yes, you read that title right. In a grovelling exploitive pandering for ratings, the channel is now promising that viewers will have the opportunity to see a man (who clearly has a few issues of his own) be eaten (or, at least, swallowed) by an anaconda.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/reality-tvs-extreme-eaten-alive-giant-anaconda-snake/story?id=26727681

Even when Paddy Chayefsky wrote his "over the top" screenplay for Network he didn't envision anything as bizarre as this.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm rooting for the snake.

I wonder if this could lead to a new fad, perhaps, even new television series. You've heard of suicide-by-police. Well, I wonder how many TV executives are now discussing the concept of a new show, SUICIDE BY ANACONDA?

They could find some really depressed or mentally deranged people who are willing to be thrown into a pit of starving constrictor snakes. (The inducement might be that their families will be financially compensated for the loss of their "loved one"). 

images1_zps8eb8bc28.jpg

"Suicide By Anaconda. I like it, I LIKE it!"

• Like 2

How about a GAME SHOW?

"Ladies and gentlemen, gird your l o i n s and cover your ears!  It's time to play...RUSSIAN ROULETTE!"

"OK, contestant Number one----GIVE 'ER A SPIN!"

Sepiatone

Once upon a time I thought of the Discovery Channel as a "classy" channel.

Yes, you read that title right. In a grovelling exploitive pandering for ratings, the channel is now promising that viewers will have the opportunity to see a man (who clearly has a few issues of his own) be eaten (or, at least, swallowed) by an anaconda.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/reality-tvs-extreme-eaten-alive-giant-anaconda-snake/story?id=26727681

Even when Paddy Chayefsky wrote his "over the top" screenplay for Network he didn't envision anything as bizarre as this.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm rooting for the snake.

I wonder if this could lead to a new fad, perhaps, even new television series. You've heard of suicide-by-police. Well, I wonder how many TV executives are now discussing the concept of a new show, SUICIDE BY ANACONDA?

They could find some really depressed or mentally deranged people who are willing to be thrown into a pit of starving constrictor snakes. (The inducement might be that their families will be financially compensated for the loss of their "loved one"). 

images1_zps8eb8bc28.jpg

"Suicide By Anaconda. I like it, I LIKE it!"

this is obviously anaconda abuse. :lol:

Any chance of getting the Toronto mayor on the show?

If you're thinking of you-know-who, mrroberts, he's no longer mayor but now a city councillor.