Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

His Kind of Woman

ElCid

Terrific movie and a great cast all around, but IMO the one and only Vincent Price totally steals the show.  

And the more I think about it, the more I think that Price comes closer than any other Hollywood actor to having a completely unique screen persona.  Grant, Bogart, Cagney, Robinson, Tracy, you name them, all of them are the best at playing a certain type, but there's not really any Vincent Price "type" outside of Vincent Price himself.  He's 100% sui generis.

• Like 1

Terrific movie and a great cast all around, but IMO the one and only Vincent Price totally steals the show.  

And the more I think about it, the more I think that Price comes closer than any other Hollywood actor to having a completely unique screen persona.  Grant, Bogart, Cagney, Robinson, Tracy, you name them, all of them are the best at playing a certain type, but there's not really any Vincent Price "type" outside of Vincent Price himself.  He's 100% sui generis.

True. Like many a good character actor, he managed to convince.

The movie was hokey and unbelievable, but a good watch. Marjorie Reynolds, King Donovan, how neat.

Price was hysterical in the marshaling the troops for the boat scene. Wait, this boat is not ready. THIS boat is ready. Very well done.

Russell really couldn't hold an iron. Wait, she didn't need to. But Mitchum was still prettier than Bazooka Jane.

---Nice breaks, btw, with Claude Rains by John Gielgud and Myrna Loy by Julianne Moore. Thanks, TCM, for a very enjoyable early morning.

This is a great movie and one that has a nice mix of noir and comedy.    Price's character refects the vibe of this film; one that isn't very serious but can get down to serious business when called for.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings