Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dish posts revenue below estimates as it loses pay-TV users

FredCDobbs

I'm not sure where to put this news story, but here it is. By the way, to get more news stories about TCM, Dish, CNN, Directv, Comcast and other related stuff we are interested in, go to Goggle News, then up at the top search box, type in simple terms such as DISH TV, or TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES, or DIRECT TV, etc, etc.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/04/us-dish-network-results-idUSKBN0IO0ZG20141104

(Reuters) - Dish Network Corp (DISH.O), the second-largest U.S. satellite TV company, reported lower-than-expected quarterly revenue as it lost pay-TV subscribers due to increased competition.

Dish, which has about 14 million subscribers, said on Tuesday it lost about 12,000 pay-TV subscribers in the third quarter compared with the second quarter.

• Like 1

I'm not sure where to put this news story, but here it is. By the way, to get more news stories about TCM, Dish, CNN, Directv, Comcast and other related stuff we are interested in, go to Goggle News, then up at the top search box, type in simple terms such as DISH TV, or TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES, or DIRECT TV, etc, etc.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/04/us-dish-network-results-idUSKBN0IO0ZG20141104

(Reuters) - Dish Network Corp (DISH.O), the second-largest U.S. satellite TV company, reported lower-than-expected quarterly revenue as it lost pay-TV subscribers due to increased competition.

Dish, which has about 14 million subscribers, said on Tuesday it lost about 12,000 pay-TV subscribers in the third quarter compared with the second quarter.

Awwww, too bad. Glad to read it.

The other services (cable and Directv ) are losing 100,000's of customers per quarter. Dish was the only one actually gaining until now.

I think the levee is going to break this time. If this isn't rectified soon, they will lose me. Others I know are already gone for other reasons.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings