Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PATTON - a TCM Premiere?

sewhite2000

I see TCM is airing PATTON late Tuesday night. I can't swear it's a TCM premiere, but given that it's a Fox movie and given that I can't ever once recall seeing it in the 15 years I've been watching TCM, it is, at the very least, an extreme rarity on the network.

Thanks to the two GODFATHERS and THE SOUND OF MUSIC all airing on TCM exactly one time each ever, to the best of my knowledge (and THE FRENCH CONNECTION possibly only once as well), and thanks to GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT finally making it to TCM in the past year or so, I think every Best Picture Oscar winner at least up to 1985 will now have aired on the network at least once (thought I'm not 100 per cent sure about AMADAEUS - it feels like the sort of movie TCM would have aired at least once during 31 Days of Oscar, but I can't swear to ever having seen it on the network). The pre-Zanuck CAVALCADE and ALL ABOUT EVE  are unlikely to qualify for the Overplayed Hall of Fame, but both have aired on the network a handful of times. Anyone more knowledgeable about this subject, please feel free to confirm or deny.

If this is the Patton with George C Scott they had it on a month ago and about a year before that. TCM is the only channel I have seen showing it lately.

Yes, PATTON aired previously during a tribute to George C. Scott recently.

Originally THE HOSPITAL was also scheduled as part of the tribute, but it was replaced THE HINDENBURG..

Fox Movie Channel (FMC) had been playing the film very frequently some months ago (a great movie for sure but talk about overplayed).    After they played  PATTON  a dozen or more times they then made it available to TCM . How long TCM will have access and how often they will show it is anyone's guess.

Fox Movie Channel (FMC) had been playing the film very frequently some months ago (a great movie for sure but talk about overplayed).    After they played  PATTON  a dozen or more times they then made it available to TCM . How long TCM will have access and how often they will show it is anyone's guess.

I think it's about that book that, "what's his name," came out with ... "Killing Patton." You know, 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings