Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Our Mother's House

Fedya

I don't know if any of you have seen this wonderfully creepy movie before, but it's showing on TCM today at 6:00 PM ET for the first time in a good five years or so.

The quick synopsis: Seven siblings are living in a London house together with the sickly single mother, no dad around. Naturally, the mother eventually dies. The kids don't want to be broken up as a family, so they bury Mom in the garden and keep u pthe fiction that all is normal, forging Mom's signature on the benefit checks and spending time with Mother every evening. And then Dad (Dirk Bogarde) shows up. Let's just say Dad isn't a very good father (if he even is their father and not just a con man), but knows a few things about Mom.

As I said, it's a rather creepy or disturbing premise, but one that certainly entertains.

• Like 1

Another movie I have long hoped to see again is "The Fixer" with Alan Bates and Dirk Bogarde. TCM can't show it here in the U.S. for some reason. The last time it was on TV was when Ted Turner had it on TNT many years ago.

The last time this movie was on thunder storms put the lights out 30 minutes into the movie and this time I'll miss it because of the carriage dispute.  Hopefully TCM will show it again in 2015 because on IMDB many people are interested in a DVD release. 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings