Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Boyhood: Best film of 2014

Swithin

Boyhood appears to be the favorite as of today (11.13.14), but the year isn't over yet and there's usually at least a handful of good/great fliks that are released during the last seven weeks of the year.

i'll wait till the whole years finished and then make a (mental) selection. (btw Boyhood is on my "to see" list.)

Because I see so few new movies, it's always hard for me to say which one is the best of the year.  (I usually don't care who wins the Oscars, although I did root for Lauren Bacall when she was nominated for THE MIRROR HAS TWO FACES, even though I didn't see the film, and for Bill Murray when he was up for LOST IN TRANSLATION.)

But it's not hard to rate BOYHOOD as one of the best movies I've ever seen.  The acting was great, and the story -- which was a real, though fictional, story of people's lives, not just a plot -- easily held my interest during the long running time.  A major accomplishment, one I'd like to see rewarded with the Oscar for Best Picture.  Richard Linklater should also get the Best Director Oscar.

• 4 weeks later...

Earlier this week (December 1) Boyhood won the New York Film Critics awards for Best Picture, Director, and Supporting Actress (Patricia Arquette). The film is also beginning to win a slew of awards, worldwide. It's a gorgeous, thoughtful, intelligent film, highly recommended. 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings