Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I had to read this book for school several years ago and though it was a very different book from what I normally read I actually enjoyed it. Today I was looking at the the movie's cast on imdb and I saw that Orson Welles, Anthony Perkins, Martin Sheen and several other very familiar actors were in this and I was curious if any one had seen this movie and what you thought of it.

Thanks,

Phoebe

This movie could seem a bit strange to anyone who has not read the book. The latter did not have a chronological narrative but seemed instead to jump all over the place. Director Mike Nichols does a good job of ordering the narrative and staying very close to actual events related in the book. He doesn?t add much by way of explanation and it?s left to the viewer to realize after awhile the absurdity of it all. Don?t worry about the movie ruining the book for you (assuming you liked it) because Nichols doesn?t mess with it too much. This is how I remember anyway though it?s been awhile since I?ve seen it.