Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Identify movie from a vague childhood memory

Peskiloo

Hi, new to the message board & tcm.com, this is going to be fun! I am 50 now, and I have a memory of part of a movie I saw as a young girl(don't think I was supposed to see it, given the memory I have!). It had a young woman who was slow, perhaps mentally challenged, I remember her in a light pink, very simple cotton dress, and it was in the style of maybe late 50's, early 60's. The one thing I could tell, even as a kid, was that she was poor and kind of bullied because of this and the fact she was slow. The only other thing I remember is at one point, she was led into the woods by a man, or more than one maybe, where she was raped. It didnt show the assault, but it jarred me enough that these few memories have nagged at me off and on all these years. Does this ring any bells for anyone? I have to know what movie this is!! (or perhaps I dreamed the whoooole thing :)

Looked it up, and I don't think this is it unfortunately.

My memory is of a film that seemed older than '74, almost that look and feel of a film from late 50's, early 60's, almost pale in comparison. Also the girl returned to her house/shack after having been in the woods. I guess less was shown, and more was implied, and her dress was one of those simple ones with a fuller skirt, and light pink... I think.

• 2 weeks later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings