Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who Was Adrien Joyce? What was "Five Easy Pieces"?

Mac_the_Nice

I'm waiting.

With your chicken salad sandwich.

Hold the chicken.

Who was that dimwit TCM had on tonight introducing this film, he should not mention her? Forget that she's the one who wrote the script. Only after it was over did he mention anything about her--as an afterthought, concerning the question of who had written the chicken salad sandwich scene. During the introduction he gave Rafelson the writing credit, entirely.

He needs to set that straight.

I'm waiting.

With your chicken salad sandwich.

Hold the chicken.

Who was that dimwit TCM had on tonight introducing this film, he should not mention her? Forget that she's the one who wrote the script. Only after it was over did he mention anything about her--as an afterthought, concerning the question of who had written the chicken salad sandwich scene. During the introduction he gave Rafelson the writing credit, entirely.

He needs to set that straight.

Damn RIGHT, Mac! Somebody SHOULD set this straight alright!

(...but only AFTER this damn waitress around here gets MY 'Adam and Eve on a Raft' order down right, and THEN we'll discuss this further!!!)

(...but only AFTER this damn waitress around here gets MY 'Adam and Eve on a Raft' order down right, and THEN we'll discuss this further!!!)

Dargo? You are such a gas. :-) :-) :-)

But still, let us ask, and let us never forget who Carole Eastman was.  Ever see "Man Trouble"?  Never mind what the stinky PC critics had to say about it. Have you ever seen it?  Well, SHE wrote it. And it's the funniest, rock you back on your butt movie Nicholson had appeared in--in years. Also a Bob Rafelson flic.

I hear you. I ordered Adam and Eve on a Raft last week at my favorite diner, and instead the waitress brought me s**t on a shingle. Nicholson would have been proud of me, the way I cleared off that table.

• Like 1

Besides the awesome diner scene, the best line in that movie is when he tells Dipesto to get that name off of her t-i-t. Oh and when Ralph Waite calls his sister "P-e-n-i-s Envy". Oh wait, there are just too many great lines in that movie to list.

But the ending, as I keep saying, is great, the best ending of ANY film. Doesn't anyone see where I'm coming from?...That gas station scene is so hard-hitting and well-done, I can barely control myself.

• Like 1

But the ending, as I keep saying, is great, the best ending of ANY film. Doesn't anyone see where I'm coming from?...That gas station scene is so hard-hitting and well-done, I can barely control myself.

I totally agree. I first saw that movie when I was in high school back in the 80's, and just the other night, it still really impresses me.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings