Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
audiomagnate

Google Chromecast and TCM.com

PLEASE add Chromecast support! If you have a Google Chromecast and a reasonably powerful computer, you can watch TCM full screen on your TV by using the little used tab casting function in the Chrome browser. It doesn't work well on my laptop, but it works great on my two year old Windows desktop. If TCM would add Chromecast support to their app like HBO, ESPN, ABC, Showtime etc. have already done, a computer won't be needed at all.

I would like to add, please include desktop users of tcm.com in any Chromecast support plans.  I would imagine many of your viewers may not have smartphones or tablets they use frequently, but rather desktop computers or laptops.

I would like to add, please include desktop users of tcm.com in any Chromecast support plans.  I would imagine many of your viewers may not have smartphones or tablets they use frequently, but rather desktop computers or laptops.

You can already  cast TCM fullscreen from a Chrome browser. Just add the Chromecast extension and you are good to go.

Chromecast works, video lags considerably. Not too much of an issue, but it'd be nice if it was fluid, I'm going to look into what could be the source of the lag and I'll report my findings if applicable.

I have watched tcm exclusively for 13 years, God bless you Ted Turner, but when I'm away I take with me my phone and chromecast so I can watch the programs I want to, and without chromecast I'm basically watching the most beautifully done black and white movie on a five inch screen. Boo!

Please add support for the chromecast device. this would require writing an app that runs on the chromecast device connected to the hdmi port of the TV. the streaming goes directly from TCM.com to the device with my phone only involved in control, not data streaming. This frees up my phone for the many other things it's good at.

Watching TCM via my phone's chromecast app "display screen" has disadvantages, amongst them are:

• the video is choppy due to the delay by putting my phone in the middle of the data stream.
  • the phone must be under charge because the display must be on to cast the screen.
  • the phone is not able to do anything else.

If TCM.com is considering a subscription program separate from any cable or satellite television service (it's the future - and you know it) they must understand how their subscribers will use the service. I think next to watching TCM.com on a computer monitor chromecast would most likely be the most popular method of streaming.

Do it and I'll cut the cord and become a subscriber.