Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RIP Mike Nichols

Vertigo2

Nichols was an enormous talent and whether in his Elaine May comedy routines, his work as director on Broadway or in his movies, his wit and intelligence was on display. His first effort two efforts at film directing "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" and "The Graduate" showed his versatility and those films are still two of my favorites. He maintained a long career with varied success, but deserves all the accolades an overview would no doubt genrate.

Nichols was an enormous talent and whether in his Elaine May comedy routines, his work as director on Broadway or in his movies, his wit and intelligence was on display. His first effort two efforts at film directing "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" and "The Graduate" showed his versatility and those films are still two of my favorites. He maintained a long career with varied success, but deserves all the accolades an overview would no doubt genrate.

..and no director's first two films were as impressive as Nichols' first two films.

• Like 1

I've already posted in the other Mike Nichols thread, but have no problem repeating that Mike Nichols was a brilliant and talented man. He will be missed by millions of fans and it's a terrible loss.

Heartfelt condolences to his family and his wonderful wife Diane Sawyer.  RIP Mike Nichols

It certainly bears repeating, lavenderblue.  While looking through his films there were some I liked (The Fortune, Regarding Henry, Heartburn) but hadn't realized he'd directed.  He was brilliant and special. Very, very sad news.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings