Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dargo

Now THIS is why I'll miss Dave Letterman...

"Did you people hear 80 year old Charles Manson has just applied for a wedding license in his California Prison? Yes, it seems a 26 year old woman he's recently met on the Internet dating site "Hey Stupid" are about to tie the knot. And if you'd like to send a gift to the happy couple, word is they're registered at Blood Bath and Beyond."

That's some sick chick. I'm a pretty liberal person in most instances, but Manson not being executed years ago is sickening. Wonder what it cost California to keep him alive these last 45 years?

• Like 1

That's some sick chick. I'm a pretty liberal person in most instances, but Manson not being executed years ago is sickening. Wonder what it cost California to keep him alive these last 45 years?

Yep! Always a valid point to bring up whenever the complex topic of the Death Penalty is raised, to be sure lavender.

And yep again, I'll NEVER in million years figure out how it is that there are women in the world who can "fall in love" with these locked away sociopaths.

My guesses were always, EITHER they're those types who think "their love can change a guy for the better" OR they're just REALLY into that whole "bad boy" thing! LOL

Btw, for any and all Letterman fans here(yeah, yeah, I know the guy has always been too "sardonic" for some tastes out there) please feel free to post one of his lines that's caught YOUR fancy in this thread, or maybe some exchange he's had with some of his guests.

I saw that on the news the other day and couldnt believe it! When is that creep going to die already??? (Only the good die young apparently) She looked like a total loser. He gets fan mail, so I dont know why I should be surprised. She was saying something about that's all people know about him (the killings) Well, what ELSE SHOULD HE BE KNOWN FOR?????? (as if she knows the real Charlie. LOL)....At least her mom seems to have her head on straight. She's not attending the ceremony......

...At least her mom seems to have her head on straight. She's not attending the ceremony......

Hmmmm...do I see that classic "Nurture vs Nature" debate brewing here now, Hibi? ;)

(...'cause I have to wonder how truly "straight" Momma's "head" IS or WAS in order to raise a daughter who'd marry Charlie Manson???) 

I saw that on the news the other day and couldnt believe it! When is that creep going to die already??? (Only the good die young apparently) She looked like a total loser. He gets fan mail, so I dont know why I should be surprised. She was saying something about that's all people know about him (the killings) Well, what ELSE SHOULD HE BE KNOWN FOR?????? (as if she knows the real Charlie. LOL)....At least her mom seems to have her head on straight. She's not attending the ceremony......

I would hope she is doing this as part of a plan;  After the creep dies she writes a book.    She can make stuff up (stuff she claims he told her) since the creep can't dispute what she writes (dead men tell no tales!).       

The book is a best seller!  (now this prediction may be folly but hey people purchased Going Rogue!).

If this isn't the reason for the marriage then she is a total loser. 

I would hope she is doing this as part of a plan;  After the creep dies she writes a book.    She can make stuff up (stuff she claims he told her) since the creep can't dispute what she writes (dead men tell no tales!).       

The book is a best seller!  (now this prediction may be folly but hey people purchased Going Rogue!).

If this isn't the reason for the marriage then she is a total loser. 

LOL. Maybe Charlie has some money socked away and she's smarter than we think. At least she doesn't have to put out and have sex w/him! (LMREO) No conjugal visits! :D

Hmmmm...do I see that classic "Nurture vs Nature" debate brewing here now, Hibi? ;)

(...'cause I have to wonder how truly "straight" Momma's "head" IS or WAS in order to raise a daughter who'd marry Charlie Manson???) 

LOL. You cant always blame parents for how their kids turn out.  When is Letterman's last week anyway?

LOL. You cant always blame parents for how their kids turn out.  When is Letterman's last week anyway?

Not sure, but I'm thinkin' it'll probably be sometime late summer next year.

I'll NEVER in million years figure out how it is that there are women in the world who can "fall in love" with these locked away sociopaths.

He will never leave her toilet seat up.

He will never spend the night pub-crawling with his buddies.

He will never cheat on her with some other woman.

He will never invite his buddies to her house for Super Bowl Sunday and spill beer on her couch.

He will never complain of her cooking.

What is not to love? :)

He will never leave her toilet seat up.

He will never spend the night pub-crawling with his buddies.

He will never cheat on her with some other woman.

He will never invite his buddies to her house for Super Bowl Sunday and spill beer on her couch.

He will never complain of her cooking.

What is not to love? :)

LOL

DANG, Sans!  Gotta say you and that new husband of yours are sure comin' up with a whole lot of good "theories" lately that are sure hard to disprove!!!

Vautrin said: I am always surprised that people underestimate the deep

attraction of a person with a swastika carved in their forehead. :)

Now Vautrin. That's JUST so yesterday!

All the hip new mass-murderers are NOW carving THIS symbol on their foreheads...

recycle-symbol.jpg

(...yep, even the extreme social misfits have "gone green" now days, dude!)

• Like 1

DANG, Sans!  Gotta say you and that new husband of yours are sure comin' up with a whole lot of good "theories" lately that are sure hard to disprove!!!

We both spend so very much time dealing with life-critical systems that it is natural that we find it beneficial to let our minds freely romp with silly things.

We both have also so very much love for absurdity that we embrace non-mundane thoughts. That is one of the primary reasons why I enjoy your posts so very much! :)

To me, Dave is just a mere shadow of his former self.  His NBC show from 1982-93 @ 12:30 A.M. was a whole lot more fun than it's 11:30 PM CBS incarnation.

I enjoy going to YouTube and watching BROTHER THEODORE's guest appearances on Letterman in the 1980s most of all.    

It's Larry Bud Melman I miss the most from the 80's show.

And Chris Elliot as Marlon Brando, who, once in replying to Dave's question about "the island" said, "please - stay away from the island".

• Like 1

Even though I quit watching him quite a while ago, I'm MORE upset that CRAIG FERGUSON is quitting at the end of this year!

I really never got into Letterman. 

Sepiatone

We both spend so very much time dealing with life-critical systems that it is natural that we find it beneficial to let our minds freely romp with silly things.

We both have also so very much love for absurdity that we embrace non-mundane thoughts. That is one of the primary reasons why I enjoy your posts so very much! :)

Thanks, Sans! And right back at-cha, my dear!

Even though I quit watching him quite a while ago, I'm MORE upset that CRAIG FERGUSON is quitting at the end of this year!

I really never got into Letterman. 

Sepiatone

And I really got into Ferguson's show for a few years myself Sepia, but for some reason I eventually tired of him. He IS a very bright man with a wealth of knowledge which he especially shows during some of his conversations with his guests, but I guess I found he began to fall back too often upon too much of the same old shtick in order to get a laugh.   

Who is replacing Letterman anyway? I dont even know......

Good ol' Charlie Manson probably.  Now that he is getting "married" he has proven what a treasure he is to society so they will let him out to take up this talk show gig.................................and it's said that Hell has never frozen over yet.  Can't be too far from doing it if Good Time Charlie is allowed to tie a nuptial knot with the world's greatest dingbat.

Good ol' Charlie Manson probably.  Now that he is getting "married" he has proven what a treasure he is to society so they will let him out to take up this talk show gig.................................and it's said that Hell has never frozen over yet.  Can't be too far from doing it if Good Time Charlie is allowed to tie a nuptial knot with the world's greatest dingbat.

All those in prison have a right to marry.   Based on the Bill of Rights Manson should be treated the same as anyone else in prison.

But he can't have any physical contact with his wife.  That must be granted and the board of corrections has made it clear they have NO plans to grant that.    

As for her being a dingbat;  That might be true,  but if she is doing all of this just to make money (which is what I suspect) she is just another capitialist.  Can't be more American then that.

All those in prison have a right to marry.   Based on the Bill of Rights Manson should be treated the same as anyone else in prison.

But he can't have any physical contact with his wife.  That must be granted and the board of corrections has made it clear they have NO plans to grant that.    

As for her being a dingbat;  That might be true,  but if she is doing all of this just to make money (which is what I suspect) she is just another capitialist.  Can't be more American then that.

It should never have come to this.  Manson should have been hanged the day after convicted. 

Wow! Talk about a thread taking an unexpected side-rail!

‹(•¿•)›

Yep, dark! I WAS kind'a hopin' that this thread I started would stay more on the topic of David Letterman and some of his funnier recent lines and/or about his upcoming retirement, and instead of this concentration on that crazy little squirt rotting his sorry butt away in California's Corcoran State Prison or the issue of the Death Penalty.

(...but hey, who AM I of ALL people to complain about the direction a thread might take around here, HUH?!...I mean, talk about "hypocrisy", RIGHT?!) LOL

• Like 1