Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dargo

Now THIS is why I'll miss Dave Letterman...

We need Johnny Carson back shrilling and funning on a 21st Century Tonight show.  A little infusion of vampire blood from say the great Lestat of Anne Rice's fertile mind and hereeeeeeeeeeeeee's Johnny will be back on the ol' boob tube.  Since ol' undead Johnny will have lots of ins and pull with the nether world he will draw in some unusual "guests".  How's that for wandering off the thread!! 

Okay All! And now HERE'S one of the FUNNIEST damn "Top Ten Lists" I've seen Dave do in a LONG LONG time...

(...warning all you "Devouts" out there, as the following routine might be viewed by you as "much too irreverent" if you hit the play button...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQCtKuCC75g

It's Larry Bud Melman I miss the most from the 80's show.

And Chris Elliot as Marlon Brando, who, once in replying to Dave's question about "the island" said, "please - stay away from the island".

Larry Bud Melman was wonderful, and a dear man.

Yes, Stephen Colbert is taking over Late Show. His last show on Comedy Central is Dec. 18. A guy named James Corden from U.K. Is taking over Ferguson's show in May but Craig is leaving sometime in December and that show is having guest hosts until the new guy takes over.

Presumably Stephen will be giving up his faux-Republican act that's been a satiric staple of the Report.

He'll be playing it straighter on the Late Show gig, I'm sure. Little bit, anyway.

Presumably Stephen will be giving up his faux-Republican act that's been a satiric staple of the Report.

He'll be playing it straighter on the Late Show gig, I'm sure. Little bit, anyway.

Nope, actually dark, Colbert in a recent interview stated that he's planning on continuing with that faux persona when he takes over "The Late Show" from Dave.

He went on to say in this interview that his previously done faux persona of a "generic Republican" will become more defined and succinct in its portrayal and that he has picked Speaker of The House John Boehner as the person he will emulate throughout his reign as host of this CBS Network's late night talk show during its opening monologue, any pre-recorded comedy bits and the interview segments with his guests.

(...yep, you got it...Colbert's gonna paint himself a strange hue of orange, affect a hangdog manner, and will break out crying occasionally)  

;)

Nope, actually dark, Colbert in a recent interview stated that he's planning on continuing with that faux persona when he takes over "The Late Show" from Dave.

He went on to say in this interview that his previously done faux persona of a "generic Republican" will become more defined and succinct in its portrayal and that he has picked Speaker of The House John Boehner as the person he will emulate throughout his reign as host of this CBS Network's late night talk show during its opening monologue, any pre-recorded comedy bits and the interview segments with his guests.

(...yep, you got it...Colbert's gonna paint himself a strange hue of orange, affect a hangdog manner, and will break out crying occasionally)  

;)

I assume Colbert meant 'from time to time' as it relates to that faux persona.    It really doesn't make sense to use that for the entire show.     (while I find it funny,  I assume it would limit the guest willing to be interviewed since these guest are there to promote their recent works).

I assume Colbert meant 'from time to time' as it relates to that faux persona.    It really doesn't make sense to use that for the entire show.     (while I find it funny,  I assume it would limit the guest willing to be interviewed since these guest are there to promote their recent works).

Ahem...James me boy. I was only kiddin' here. Colbert said no such thing.

(...yep, I was just "being Dargo" here and made that all up, dude!)  ;)

Yes, Stephen Colbert is taking over Late Show. His last show on Comedy Central is Dec. 18. A guy named James Corden from U.K. Is taking over Ferguson's show in May but Craig is leaving sometime in December and that show is having guest hosts until the new guy takes over.

Now that's going to be a strange gig...........